CoreFlood Trojan...Won't go away!

Ramon546

Beta member
hey,

I really need some advice. My computer was running sluggish yesterday, so i decided to reboot. After I rebooted, I got a warning messgae from McAfee virusScan saying that a trojan was found and cleaned and that I had to reboot in order to finish the cleaning process. I did and when it came back on, there was another file infected with the CoreFlood Trojan. So then I turned off the system restore, booted up in safemode and ran VirusScan again. it detected 5 more files that were infected. I got rid of those. So I'm in the clear right? WRONG. I keep getting that damn CoreFlood trojan popping up. What can I do? Please Help!!!

-Ramon

Ramon546 said:
hey,

I really need some advice. My computer was running sluggish yesterday, so i decided to reboot. After I rebooted, I got a warning messgae from McAfee virusScan saying that a trojan was found and cleaned and that I had to reboot in order to finish the cleaning process. I did and when it came back on, there was another file infected with the CoreFlood Trojan. So then I turned off the system restore, booted up in safemode and ran VirusScan again. it detected 5 more files that were infected. I got rid of those. So I'm in the clear right? WRONG. I keep getting that damn CoreFlood trojan popping up. What can I do? Please Help!!!

-Ramon

Eee, sounds like a bastard (technical term :D) I don't know what you should do about that. However, sombody else does! I looked about and I must thank Mischel Internet Security Forums for this:

ReGen of Mischel Internet Security Forums said:
Hi Helenr. Your AV is picking up the suspected files you deleted, backed up in the system restore folder. To get rid of them, (this works for XP not sure about ME), first create a new system restore point:

(Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore)

Next open ‘Disk cleanup' selecting the following options, ‘C' – ‘More Options' – ‘Clean up system restore'.

(Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\Disk Cleanup)

This will remove all the old system restore points but will leave the one you just created.

Do another scan with your AV and hopefully the suspected files will no longer be picked up.
smiley.gif

I hope that helps! It sounds right - I feel silly not to have thought of it!

Back
Top Bottom