AGP Speed

mikeybude25

Solid State Member
Hi guys

I am looking at buying a new grpahics card (fed up with my FX5200!!!) however my mother board only supports AGP x4 (1.5v). After looking around the net im pretty confident that a AGPx8 card will work on my mother board, however im not too sure about the 1.5v. Is there different cards with different volts?

Also which card would you guys recommend? Im looking to spend around £150

Thanks in advance

Michael

Save your mony unless
Your software has an 8x requirement.This is just a way to get people to spend money.4x is all you need right now.
:D

ok thanks for that.

The problem is that i can only find new cards that are x8!!! so i was just wondering if they would work on a x4 board, also not sure about the issue of the 1.5v

Thanks again

Mike

I have the same issue ur facing right now. I heard that its perfectly fine if u put an 8x card in a 4x slot. U shld ask ur computer retailer.

It will work most cards say on the box AGP x2 Upwards mine did i would buy the Fx5900XT good solid card play games very well.

mikeybude25 said:
Hi guys

I am looking at buying a new grpahics card (fed up with my FX5200!!!) however my mother board only supports AGP x4 (1.5v). After looking around the net im pretty confident that a AGPx8 card will work on my mother board, however im not too sure about the 1.5v. Is there different cards with different volts?

Also which card would you guys recommend? Im looking to spend around £150

Thanks in advance

Michael

Hey! My Graphics Card is FX5200! :D

If you want to only spend that then it would be cheaper to get AGP 4x because it won't change it other than to make it more expensive to get AGP 8x. I can't see whats wrong really with the FX5200; unless you like playing games all the time. For that price maybe the FX5600, maybe a cheap version of the FX5900? I don't know what the prices are really.

mikeybude25 said:
ok thanks for that.

The problem is that i can only find new cards that are x8!!! so i was just wondering if they would work on a x4 board, also not sure about the issue of the 1.5v

Thanks again

Mike

Upgrade other items like video memory to (128)
If you buy an x8 it will work on a x4 mbd at you guessed it at x4.
:D

Back
Top Bottom