Brand New Comp Performing Horribly

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkita4

Beta member
A little Help Please
I just bought a new Dell Desktop 2.8 ghz 80gb, 512 mb ram,Windows XP the works. My brother installed Kazaa on to it. Once he installed it the computer runs slow as hell. PRograms take forever to loadup, and most of the time hang. ALot of programs also don't respond and i then have to shut them down through taskmanager. I thought the problem might be Kazaa so i installed Adaware and it removed around 800 useless files, the computer runs a little better but still significantly slower then before. IF anyone has any tips that i can use to relieve this problem it would be great

thanks
no more ideas

dkita4 said:
A little Help Please
I just bought a new Dell Desktop 2.8 ghz 80gb, 512 mb ram,Windows XP the works. My brother installed Kazaa on to it. Once he installed it the computer runs slow as hell. PRograms take forever to loadup, and most of the time hang. ALot of programs also don't respond and i then have to shut them down through taskmanager. I thought the problem might be Kazaa so i installed Adaware and it removed around 800 useless files, the computer runs a little better but still significantly slower then before. IF anyone has any tips that i can use to relieve this problem it would be great

thanks
no more ideas

Is this while you have Kazaa running? Do you have Broadband - if you have Broadband and lots of files on Kazaa that your brother is sharing then it can take a lot of power to upload those files on a Broadband and so will slowdown and often stop a lot of programs. If its not up then maybe he's downloaded a Virus? Although Kazaa sometimes checks the files maybe he hasn't had it on long enough for it to do that.

dkita4 said:
A little Help Please

thanks
no more ideas
You gotta be kidding.What would you do if it was a new car,fridge,stove,or wife i guess ???
:confused:
Bottom line:You need to learn how to use a computer.Forget Kazza and all the garbage till then.I can help but i doubt if you will email me.
:D

bluto said:
You gotta be kidding.What would you do if it was a new car,fridge,stove,or wife i guess ???
Bottom line:You need to learn how to use a computer.Forget Kazza and all the garbage till then.I can help but i doubt if you will email me.

What is it with you and getting others to e-mail you?! :D Lol! The forum here is much better for that sort of thing.

I only have one hyphenated-word for you after today when I was browsing my Forum in ICT - 'Jock-Strap'

Lord Kalthorn said:
What is it with you and getting others to e-mail you?! :D Lol! The forum here is much better for that sort of thing.

I only have one hyphenated-word for you after today when I was browsing my Forum in ICT - 'Jock-Strap'
Well i fuxed that.
The forum does not allow attachments.My email offer still alows them to see the wonderfull answers that you might suggest here.
But it doesn't work anyway,see post.

dkita4 said:
A little Help Please

thanks
no more ideas
A little Help Please,before what ? So do a system restore.
You need lots but When and where ?

Go to the shared folder if you got files in there that will slow your p.c down because people will be able to download them from you .

SAME Problems w/my brand new Dell computer!

I've experienced the same problems using Kazaa Lite (K++ v.2.4.3) with my brand new Dell 8300 (3.0GHz HT, 512 RAM, 120GB SATA+80GB ATA133, 128MB GeForce 5200, Linksys BEFW11S4)...it's driving me crazy. I've installed XP Home, XP Pro, Zone Alarm Pro, took out Zone Alarm, switched from onboard network card to PCI, then back, changed channels on router, reflashed router, switched versions of AOL (I'm on their DSL Service) from Optimized 9.0 to 9.0SE & back...I've done everything but I still experience significant slowdown, even turned off file sharing, changed to port 80 & back...Same thing occurs with Morpheus too. Is it a TCP Problem...a Port problem? Any ideas anyone???

two tips: either delete your whole folder from which other users can download (I belive there's an option that blocks all outcoming data from Kazza)

Or, Delete Kazza altogether and install WinMX, (www.winMX.com), which is a really sweet file-sharing program that doesnt have any bugs/viruses in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom