Gold on Hardware

cheerios

Banned
I heard that every hardware has gold on them and it would be more worth it to scavange for them rather than trade in the entire thing especially if its old. Is this true?

Also, how do I find the gold? And how do I know that it is gold?

Thx in advance

This is what i do

First you need a gold panning device,circa 1850.
Then you have to sit by a rivers edge,put your device in,dip it in and
pray.I hear the Yukon will work.
Siffting for gold,what next.
:rolleyes:
buy a lottery ticket,
:rolleyes:

GeforcebOY said:
I throught that gold coloured stuff on hardware was copper.

It is - but some hardware does have gold in it. Some cables are gold plated. But most of the gold in any piece of hardware is not worth the effort it would take to get it off - especially not old ones which its likely don't have gold at all.

still i want to know how i can identify gold from the other metals and how i can retrieve them

thx!

Lord Kalthorn said:
It is - but some hardware does have gold in it. Some cables are gold plated. But most of the gold in any piece of hardware is not worth the effort it would take to get it off - especially not old ones which its likely don't have gold at all.
Do you really think a gold colored usb or printer cable is
"real gold" Fools gold maybe.
:eek:

Sigh bluto doesnt even know what we're even saying haha. Doesnt really matter, cause we're talking about the hardware which needs REAL gold to conduct :D

Sorry bluto but you just embarrassed yourself :D

Cheerios said:
Sigh bluto doesnt even know what we're even saying haha. Doesnt really matter, cause we're talking about the hardware which needs REAL gold to conduct :D

Sorry bluto but you just embarrassed yourself :D
I heard that every hardware has gold on them
========
So did he,shouldn't that be in them not on them ? I just looked at all my hardware and don't see even gold color,lots of silver paint though.
very embarrasing.
I challenge you to prove theres gold in them there devices.
:D

Back
Top Bottom