Hard drive

dreo

Beta member
Hello I was wondering if somebody can help me out. You see, I just got another hard drive but i dont think it works. If i put my old hard drive on master it works fine. If I leave my old hard drive on master and put the new one on slave it just stays on my gateway screen and does not load up Windows XP. Does anyone know what seems to be the problem?

Thank you for your time

dreo said:
Hello I was wondering if somebody can help me out. You see, I just got another hard drive but i dont think it works. If i put my old hard drive on master it works fine. If I leave my old hard drive on master and put the new one on slave it just stays on my gateway screen and does not load up Windows XP. Does anyone know what seems to be the problem?

Thank you for your time
I'm not too big on XP ?'s but lets got to a restore point before you got this 2nd HD.You had 1 HD as Primary Master,XP installed everything was fine.
1st test,Your new hd jumpers are set as master and totally confuseing the system.Set the Jumpers to slave or get a second cable and make it secondary "master"

Yeah but if you switch for new one which i am guessing is empty with your old one which is got XP . Someone correct me if i am wrong but i think you will find the XP harddrive has to the master.

dreo said:

Thank you for your time

As Bluto said the New Hard Drive Jumpers could be set wrong.

Back
Top Bottom