Dell pulls $699 20th anniversary special

hi-rez

Beta member
A newbie friend of mine was seeking my advice on a new computer and I suggested the $699 deal that they have in their April and May catalogs. It is a really good price for a Pentium 4 system including a printer. Anyway, my friend called to order only to find out that they've pulled that deal and the sales rep he spoke with won't honor the price, even though it's been advertised. The reason the rep gave is that Dell is not making enough money on that system. What a load of crap! That's the last time I buy a Dell or refer anyone to Dell!

hi-rez said:
A newbie friend of mine was seeking my advice on a new computer and I suggested the $699 deal that they have in their April and May catalogs. It is a really good price for a Pentium 4 system including a printer. Anyway, my friend called to order only to find out that they've pulled that deal and the sales rep he spoke with won't honor the price, even though it's been advertised. The reason the rep gave is that Dell is not making enough money on that system. What a load of crap! That's the last time I buy a Dell or refer anyone to Dell!

Well ... every company has it's fuck ups ... but that is just kinda ridiculous ... =/

hi-rez said:

That is pretty much of a bloody mess isn't it! I can see their point but still - you don't offer such a thing. Try Advent - good prices and you can get just Tower Systems and they're much cheaper than with a Monitor. Mines an Advent and only cost £1000!

Probably - either that or they wanted him to pay back all the money they lost from the Offer and made him pay £1,000,000 for it.

Back
Top Bottom