OK, i'll have to ask abt my system specs now,

killerdoberman said:
Lord,

Not 70. Just a 30 year old who hobbies are computers and gaming. I work in the manufacturing field, so I was doing some database programming to collect data and print reports to make my life easier.

I've been in computers since I was 10. When I saved my allowance to buy a Pineapple. That was an Apple ][+ knock-off that you had to assemble. I bought it for $750 with a green 14" monitor. It was a screamer with 64K memory and two single sided floppy drives. From that day I was hooked. I have ripped apart computer left and right since that day. I am fairly good at problem solving and making things better.

I have even tried to sell my skills and made a few bucks. But it is much better and more enjoyable to do it as a hobby, instead of having someone tell you what to do and dealing with non-computer educated people.

I have personal friends at Intel, nVidia and AMD. I have even been a beta-tester for AMD on the K6-2 300MHz chip. That was fun!

Lol! I meant Bluto for some strange reason - bit weird!

Lol! The early years, how I wish I had been there for that! According to a quote by Bill Gates '658Kb should be enough for anybody,' Bill Gates. :D I have about 500,000 times that at the moment! :D

Lol! I bet it was - that was a crap Processor! I brought a 450Mhz Intel instead at the time. That was when I had heard rumours of the possiblity of Internet and them having a 1Ghz Processor Working for 3 seconds before it burnt out. My dad would say; What! Thats like a Microwave! Dangerous! You'd never see one like that in my house! We now have 3 at least twice as powerful as that! Funny world.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Lol! I meant Bluto for some strange reason - bit weird!

Lol! The early years, how I wish I had been there for that! According to a quote by Bill Gates '658Kb should be enough for anybody,' Bill Gates. :D I have about 500,000 times that at the moment! :D

Lol! I bet it was - that was a crap Processor! I brought a 450Mhz Intel instead at the time. That was when I had heard rumours of the possiblity of Internet and them having a 1Ghz Processor Working for 3 seconds before it burnt out. My dad would say; What! Thats like a Microwave! Dangerous! You'd never see one like that in my house! We now have 3 at least twice as powerful as that! Funny world.
How did i get into this,and you havn't addressed the topic.
=========
So tell me Quote:actually i'm worried that my system isnt performing the expected,
i'm worried something's wrong with my hardwares
What are you expecting ? And what seems wrong ? That might get you some better answers.
:confused:

lol i remember the 658 kb quote

The "DREAM MACHINE" in 1995 was
90 MHZ Pentium CPU

damn i forgot the rest of the system specs =p

Good you might want to try the other things people have surgested. Unless you have tryed everthing else , then is it as fast as you hoped.

Re: Just to make sure

killerdoberman said:
Run Winbench if you have it and compare to others that are posted. Just by looking at your specs I would suspect that you should be somewhere in the 9000 - 12000 on WinBench 2001SE.

Also I have three suggestions.

1. Make sure your harddrive is hooked up to the motherboard by-its-self. Do not run a CD-ROM, ZIP or any other IDE device on the same cable as the harddrive.

2. If you surf a lot, then if your experiencing slow-downs. I suggest that you "clean" your files with Spybot - Search & Destroy.

And lastly,

3. Run defrag three times. Shut down and power off between each defrag process. That should help your speed and response time a little better.

----My system----
CPU: P4 3.06 533FSB
Mobo: Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition
RAM: 512MB DDR 400
Graphic card: Radeon 9800 Pro
WinBench2001SE = 13778
WinBench2003 = 5470

Oh my,is that right ?
As far as surfing,try pcpitstop.com/auto fix.
I get all checkered flags,will you ?
Remove all junk files and know where they are located.Let me know if you want to know where.
Use Ad-Aware 6 (free) once a week.
Scandisk once a week,
Defrag (once)once a week.
You should do a cold boot in less than 10 seconds.95% cpu left
Now that performance !
Run C:\WINDOWS\RSRCMTR.EXE
Whats yours ???

;)

Back
Top Bottom