upgrading old celeron

BobbyBaby

Solid State Member
I know this computer is old but i just wanted to experiment with it... its 366 mhz celeron processor with 128 mb of ram... in your opinion what do u think is the max u can get out of this comp... wat i mean in that is wats the biggest processor do u think i can fit on there and the amnt of ram i can put in there ... and a good video card... on the same mother board.... by the way its a hp brio... but if its not worth messing with then i wont mess with it! but if anyone has suggestions then do lemme know

I'd imagine 450Mhz is the biggest Processor and therefore probably about Geforce 2 or maybe 3 Graphics. RAM has only the ceiling of 4GB but whether it would be worth it is a different matter. I don't think its worth buying any of that if you could even get that type of RAM or that type of Processor anymore.

Sound quite fun idea but unless you have a bit of money which is not being used then go for it.But don't excect much proformance wise.

Sounds like a fun project, like the others said, be prepared to spend a good amount of money, i would just build a new computer for the money you'll spend rebuilding this one....

BobbyBaby said:
I know this computer is old but i just wanted to experiment with it... its 366 mhz celeron processor with 128 mb of ram... in your opinion what do u think is the max u can get out of this comp... wat i mean in that is wats the biggest processor do u think i can fit on there and the amnt of ram i can put in there ... and a good video card... on the same mother board.... by the way its a hp brio... but if its not worth messing with then i wont mess with it! but if anyone has suggestions then do lemme know
Only your MBD manual will tell you some of this.You might flash the bios and add some cpu,but you probably won't find one anyway and its a waste of money if you did.
This is a perfectly acceptible 2nd Internet PC,if you need one,if not try to donate it.
:p

Back
Top Bottom