Virus mistake

Yeah - I may have a quick look through myself. I don't believe in Virus Scanners or Firewalls myself; but a check every now and then is welcome.

The problem which is why I don't do this much is because I have about 150,000 Files on my Computer! Its gone through about 25,000 now and found 1,500 Infected - mostly with uncleanable viruses - Files. Lukily they're all in Programs I should have deleted ages ago so I'll just delete the Bastard Programs. :D

"Lukily they're all in Programs I should have deleted ages ago so I'll just delete the Bastard Programs"

Is "Bastard Programs" a technical term

I downloaded some software from download.net that deleted duplicate files. I deleted en masse and my computer was wrecked! I bought a new one and won't do that again!

Are there any programmes available that will do an analysis of files and recommend deletion?

Cheers.

posiview said:
"Lukily they're all in Programs I should have deleted ages ago so I'll just delete the Bastard Programs"

I downloaded some software from download.net that deleted duplicate files. I deleted en masse and my computer was wrecked! I bought a new one and won't do that again!

Are there any programmes available that will do an analysis of files and recommend deletion?

Cheers.

Lol! Yes, very much so.

I don't think so - not something I generally remmember if I find. If its not on Download.com then it probably doesn't exist anyway.

I think virus programs are annoying cause every program in the world needs you to turn them off . So don't have one.

posiview said:

Cheers.
Of course there is Nortons , McAfee etc.What is this doozy ?
Its gone through about 25,000 now and found 1,500 Infected - mostly with uncleanable viruses - Files.
You gotta be putting us on.Windows is usually the target.
How long have you been useing a PC.Your lucky it even boots.
Why do i always get 0's ? Takes 15 min's.Nortons 2000.
:rolleyes:
I hope someone understands this topic.
:eek:

bluto said:
Of course there is Nortons , McAfee etc.What is this doozy ?
Its gone through about 25,000 now and found 1,500 Infected - mostly with uncleanable viruses - Files.
You gotta be putting us on.Windows is usually the target.
How long have you been useing a PC.Your lucky it even boots.
Why do i always get 0's ? Takes 15 min's.Nortons 2000.
:rolleyes:
I hope someone understands this topic.
!:eek:

Lol! If you want to know then it found in my actually 400,000 Files 12,000 Infected ones. Again; all in programs that I would not normally have even have installed - Yahoo, PalTalk, Crap like that. None in Windows Funnily enough! :D

I have had this computer for 5 months now, brought it 5 and a half ago, and in all I have installed 3 different forms of Windows (Home, Pro, 64-bit, then back to Pro because the 64-bit Beta is crap.) I may format it again - probably will actually at the begginning of study leave in 4 weeks. McAfee is good; but I don't like anything using my power and it does nothing anyway - I spend from 8 til 4 with the computer on downloading from Shareaza when I'm not bothered with it at school to get as much worth out of the £27 a month Broadband. It couldn't stop Viruses getting in!

What do you mean 0's?

Lord Kalthorn said:
Lol! If you want to know then it found in my actually 400,000 Files 12,000 Infected ones. Again; all in programs that I would not normally have even have installed - Yahoo, PalTalk, Crap like that. None in Windows Funnily enough! :D

I have had this computer for 5 months now, brought it 5 and a half ago, and in all I have installed 3 different forms of Windows (Home, Pro, 64-bit, then back to Pro because the 64-bit Beta is crap.) I may format it again - probably will actually at the begginning of study leave in 4 weeks. McAfee is good; but I don't like anything using my power and it does nothing anyway - I spend from 8 til 4 with the computer on downloading from Shareaza when I'm not bothered with it at school to get as much worth out of the £27 a month Broadband. It couldn't stop Viruses getting in!

What do you mean 0's?

I hate to say this especially to a student with a lot of friends i hope,but you seem very computer illiterate.You could be spreading viruses to all your contacts.Your lucky your server hasn't shut you down.Get Windows for Ideots.Not necessarily you.
Of course this could just be a phony reply to topic,College online joke.
:eek: :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom