I thought Mac's were easy

Okay well i'm not even going to read through the posts. I will go by the topic title..

Macs are not easy. Infact it is very hard changing to them from say, Windows. If you are really wanting to go to Mac for some reason I would say go with Linux for a little while and get used to it. You can use a boot-up Linux called P.H.L.A.K at http://www.PHLAK.org/. Just download the ISO and burn it to a blank disc then put it in and boot up the CD-ROM. This will help you get used to the odd interface and how you cannot run EXE's. Once you feel you are ready to take the big leap go ahead and get a Mac.

Don't read my post then! :cool:

You could just stay with Windows and get the advantage of power, usability, compatability, good price, and best GUI in the business.

I'm a graphic designer, so I use Macs for about 80% of my work. One thing I can say about osX is that it is VERY stable. I push my machine extremely hard, I run 80MB to 300MB files daily, while playing DVDs in the background, iTunes for MP3s etc, and I have not had one freeze or crash in well over 6 months. 9.2 is still a little faster on my laptop, but I'll take the slight speed decrease for the increate in stability.

Kody said:
I'm a graphic designer, so I use Macs for about 80% of my work. One thing I can say about osX is that it is VERY stable. I push my machine extremely hard, I run 80MB to 300MB files daily, while playing DVDs in the background, iTunes for MP3s etc, and I have not had one freeze or crash in well over 6 months. 9.2 is still a little faster on my laptop, but I'll take the slight speed decrease for the increate in stability.

Doesn't seem that stable to me, I will run anything from 1GB to 5GB worth of files daily; and have WinTV on in the corner, Outlook in the system tray and therefore Word for writing the E-mails, OneNote for quick notes if anybody rings, Messenger, Music Match, Shareaza Downloading and Kazaa Downloading and Uploading, MSN and therefore WMP and more on XP all at the same time plus other programs I'm using at the time and I've never had a crash! What does that say about Windows XP Pro against OSX, I don't know how fast your computer is though - but still!

Also, Mac OSX could be stabler; but depending on what type of OSX you have it will be between a year or less old. Windows XP is over 2 years old and still stable as an old ignorant mule (like me!). When Longhorn comes out I would bet my large placement and the beautiful cup of tea sitting upon it that it will knock 5% - 20% of Mac Users into sense so that they buy it. By heak, its as stable as OSX now and its a High Alpha Build.

maybe XP Pro is a lot more stable than earlier versions of Windows (except 2000) but for the most part Macs are more stable
I think it only SEEMS harder to learn Mac once you've learned Windows, because you think you'll pick it up in an instant
if somebody first learned Mac
then somebody else first learned Windows
the Mac person would actually have it easier

Apokalipse said:
maybe XP Pro is a lot more stable than earlier versions of Windows (except 2000) but for the most part Macs are more stable
I think it only SEEMS harder to learn Mac once you've learned Windows, because you think you'll pick it up in an instant
if somebody first learned Mac
then somebody else first learned Windows
the Mac person would actually have it easier

I don't know. Could you do with a Mac what I could do with a PC at my age? I have seen no evidence that Macs are even as Stable as Windows XP let alone more. You show it to me and I'll think about it.

at www.tech-forums.net I know somebody who has used a Mac to shift around several hundred megabytes at a time, and has not crashed in over 6 months
I used to have a Mac that never crashed.... EVER!
I have a PC with XP and it crashes quite often

Apokalipse said:
at www.tech-forums.net I know somebody who has used a Mac to shift around several hundred megabytes at a time, and has not crashed in over 6 months
I used to have a Mac that never crashed.... EVER!
I have a PC with XP and it crashes quite often

I can quite happily use my computer with 400,000 Files, 104Gb of Data, always moving stuff around up to a couple Gigabytes and constantly downloading for practically the last 5 months I've had it. I have never crashed with this Computer. I don't see your point.

The question is - where is your brilliant Mac reason?

Back
Top Bottom