Help needed please

Beta member
Heres my problem, hope you can help.

I turned on my home computer this morning, and nothing happened. The monitor turns on fine, and the computer power turns on, but it doesn't boot up. It just displays a blank screen.
Has anyone got any idea as to what is wrong.
I use my computer a lot , so am going out of my head. Its only 1 year old and I have never had any problems before.
Please Please Help!
Many Thanks

Ok start with the basics, can you get your hands on a spare lead that goes from the monitor to the graphics card? if so try it on your pc to see if it works, or try your lead on a mates pc.

then post back here with the results

Mike

It sound like the os is not working properely . I would try and get into bios and make sure it boots from the harddrive.To do this either press delete , or F2 you should fine boot order and make sure it boots from harddrive.

I don't think that it is the monitor as I tried another pc and that worked fine with the monitor.
I can't get into the bios to change the boot up sequence becuase it doesn't boot up to the piont that you press F2 or del to get into bios.
A mate said it could be the CPU thats packed in, could that happen on a pc that is only 1 year old.
I have also heard the term "electrical serge" . Could that be it??
Cheers for the help guys
Many Thanks
Chris

029924 said:
Heres my problem, hope you can help.

I turned on my home computer this morning, and nothing happened. The monitor turns on fine, and the computer power turns on, but it doesn't boot up. It just displays a blank screen.
Has anyone got any idea as to what is wrong.
I use my computer a lot , so am going out of my head. Its only 1 year old and I have never had any problems before.
Please Please Help!
Many Thanks
Well it's wonderfull you have a working one to drop by here. ;)
Best guess,dead hard drive.Nothing can be read to display on monitor.
Try using a floppy system disk to get that far.
Forget about the bios,i think its a hd problem.
;)

It could be a harddrive problem but more likely something else . Firstly check the cables going from the harddrive (sorry can't rember the name) I don't think it is your CPU could be wrong.

I couldn't be without my pc for more than a day due to my work, so took it to a pc repair shop. Turned out to be something wrong with the power supply. Charged me £70 for parts and labour. Don't know if I got ripped off or not, but need my computer so had to pay!
Thanks for you help!
Chris

Back
Top Bottom