New sound system!

David Lindon

Golden Master
Just got my new sound system! NAD 5.1 Dolby digital/prologic II AMP. Sorround sound and center speakers. A huge 18" active sub to bash out some bass!
Nice!

David Lindon said:
Just got my new sound system! NAD 5.1 Dolby digital/prologic II AMP. Sorround sound and center speakers. A huge 18" active sub to bash out some bass!
Nice!

Lucky git. :p

I want something like that, gotta have a good Sub aswell ;)

COngrats on your new kit :D

David Lindon said:
Thanks man!

Hows it run?

Walls fell down yet :D

>> ... Sickness, you should have known that saying "Hey, you've never edited one of my posts before" on AIM is virtually begging me to do so. So - here I am<<

David Lindon said:
Nice!

Very nice indeed! That is quite a Sub! Madness! You like Music then?! :D

If only I could use them to say 'Custom Avatars for Gurus!' - then maybe you'd hear! :D

Lord Kalthorn said:
Very nice indeed! That is quite a Sub! Madness! You like Music then?! :D

If only I could use them to say 'Custom Avatars for Gurus!' - then maybe you'd hear! :D

But LK, you have to realise - if he allows Gurus Custom Avatars, then seniors would nag for them - then he would have to give CA's to them, then the members would ask for them. etc. It's a never ending circle. Surely, if we did allow Custom Avatars for Gurus, we'd probably have members here spamming this place up just for their post count and Guru status.

All I'm saying, is just keep Custom Avatars for staff members - it's simpler, easier, and also isn't such a load on Daves server (I assume it automatically hits pics themselves - since my logs for my avatar say that it has only been viewed twice - both by me =P)

Rocker said:
But LK, you have to realise - if he allows Gurus Custom Avatars, then seniors would nag for them - then he would have to give CA's to them, then the members would ask for them. etc. It's a never ending circle. Surely, if we did allow Custom Avatars for Gurus, we'd probably have members here spamming this place up just for their post count and Guru status.

All I'm saying, is just keep Custom Avatars for staff members - it's simpler, easier, and also isn't such a load on Daves server (I assume it automatically hits pics themselves - since my logs for my avatar say that it has only been viewed twice - both by me =P)
Yes thats right, they are stored on the server.

David Lindon said:
Yes thats right, they are stored on the server.

Exactly.

My point is, keeping the Custom Avatars restricted to Staff Members is easier - the Staff status doesn't depend on a level of posts, so you wouldn't have users posting random shit everywhere trying to boost their post counts up, like you would if it was allowed for Gurus. A member could have a thousand posts - but not one of those posts could make any sense - and that user would be feeding his pics of Daves servers for no real contribution to this place. Anyone can reply with "lolz!" to every post in a topic. But atleast Dave, you would have a handle over who is staff and who isn't - thus ultimately being able to control who has the privilege of having a Custom Avatar.

Back
Top Bottom