Does this sound right .

GeforcebOY1

Daemon Poster
I have seen where i am getting my new geforce 6800 ultra from but one thing i am worried about is .
Some forums and reviews said that the ultra will have a 600mhz core clock but the one i might get only has 400mhz core and i am worried i might get ripped off i will post the site which says this in a minite just got to look for it.
Also does anyone know if this card is the top of the geforce 6 range cause i don't want to spend that kinda money and then one better comes out october time.
Cheers.

Also what do you make of this.
"But Nvidia seems to be keeping some of its powder dry too. We hear about some faster NV40 chips that Nvidia is saving for later. µ" The reasion why i asking all these questions is i don't want to go buy it like i did with my 5900 then a month later they bring something out with more power (by that i mean alot)

GeforcebOY said:
I have seen where i am getting my new geforce 6800 ultra from but one thing i am worried about is .
Some forums and reviews said that the ultra will have a 600mhz core clock but the one i might get only has 400mhz core and i am worried i might get ripped off i will post the site which says this in a minite just got to look for it.
Also does anyone know if this card is the top of the geforce 6 range cause i don't want to spend that kinda money and then one better comes out october time.
Cheers.

You're always going to have that fear. If you ask me don't bother about it - October is a long time away and even I without looking can say that there will be something dreadfully faster by that time.

Erm?! Thats weird - have you looked on the nVidia site to check the GPU? I think maybe it is 600Mhz. You should probably bring that up with them; could just be a mistake.

nVidias new 6800 is only being released as a 400MHz card in the AGP platform at this time. The 600MHz that you are referring to is the clock speed that the chip is capable of performing in an environment suited for that kind of speed and amount of data at one time. That new platform is the new PCI standard, called PCI Express.

nVidia does have very good hardware, the main problem with nVidia is their drivers. It is amazing what happens when they finally got a new driver. It just happens to be programmed by the same company that writes the drivers for ATI. Drivers are the driving force for the hardware. See the article from TomsHardware for benchmarks on the new drivers, as well as, the new explanation of PCI Express. http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040414/index.html

If you are going to wait for October, then you might as well wait for the new PCI version and get a new motherboard at the same time.

This is the main reason I haven't bought a new 800FSB mobo this past year. I am just using my 533FSB until the new standard comes out.

The first mobo and video cards with the new PCI should become available in August and become openly available in late September to mid October. But you never know what's going on with dates these days. Because wasn't there suppose to be two new games last Thanksgiving called Half-Life 2 and Doom III?

Back
Top Bottom