WinDVD 3 problem

wharf_me

Beta member
I have WinDVD Version 3.0 and for some reason it has stopped working. Everytime i run WinDVD it just brings up the error message 'cann't find any cdrom/dvdrom device.' and won't play any of my dvd's. Similarly the windows DVDPlayer says that the dvds are copyright protected!!!

My DVD drive seems to be working fine as the DVDs are recognised and read in explorer and i can use it for any other purposes such as copying things from CD's playing music etc.

Any ideas on what the problem could be and how i could fix it?

Cheers V. Much

Mike

wharf_me said:
I have WinDVD Version 3.0 and for some reason it has stopped working. Everytime i run WinDVD it just brings up the error message 'cann't find any cdrom/dvdrom device.' and won't play any of my dvd's. Similarly the windows DVDPlayer says that the dvds are copyright protected!!!

My DVD drive seems to be working fine as the DVDs are recognised and read in explorer and i can use it for any other purposes such as copying things from CD's playing music etc.

Any ideas on what the problem could be and how i could fix it?

Cheers V. Much

Mike

Try reinstalling it, usually works

I'm guessing one of the files used by the program has become corrupted or something like that, a reinstall should work :)

i've tried reinstalling it numerous times with no luck :(.

if anyone else has any other ideas they'll be greatly appreciated!!!

Well this is unusuall.Is WinDVD with your video card ?
Here today gone tomorrow is a tough troubleshoot,you have to rethink what changes you've made.
What happens if you run WinDVD and direct it to your dvd drive ?
Make sure it's read in Explorer first.This is a bug i'm working on too.
;)

For a start .Turn Nview off if you have a nvidia card cause that will stop that message with copy . Or if you havn't turn it off.

Would it be possible for you to upgrade your WinDVD Version for free and have a look what that does - or just downlaod the trial and see what that does?

Back
Top Bottom