OK, i'll have to ask abt my system specs now,

cp_4eva

Baseband Member
hello people,.
i'm having a bit of trouble,
actually i'm worried that my system isnt performing the expected,
i'm worried something's wrong with my hardwares
so here's my system specs, are they comaptible to each other?

Intel P4 2.4 GHZ @ 533 Mhz FSB, 512 kb L2 Cache
pc3200 512 Mb, (DDR 400)
Asus P4P8X-se
Geforce FX 5900-XT (128 mb)
Samsung RW/CD 48x/24x/48x
Liteon DVD Rom (forgot what speed)
80GB HDD, 5200 RPM
Samsung SyncMaster 151Q, 15inch monitor

It sound very sweet to me should have no problems.Your harddrive could be 7200 rpm but no a big issue.Just do the basics ya know defrag/Disk clean up also make sure you havn't filled your harddrive to much 80gb could be filled alot with games and video files etc.

Just to make sure

Run Winbench if you have it and compare to others that are posted. Just by looking at your specs I would suspect that you should be somewhere in the 9000 - 12000 on WinBench 2001SE.

Also I have three suggestions.

1. Make sure your harddrive is hooked up to the motherboard by-its-self. Do not run a CD-ROM, ZIP or any other IDE device on the same cable as the harddrive.

2. If you surf a lot, then if your experiencing slow-downs. I suggest that you "clean" your files with Spybot - Search & Destroy.

And lastly,

3. Run defrag three times. Shut down and power off between each defrag process. That should help your speed and response time a little better.

----My system----
CPU: P4 3.06 533FSB
Mobo: Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition
RAM: 512MB DDR 400
Graphic card: Radeon 9800 Pro
WinBench2001SE = 13778
WinBench2003 = 5470

Lord ---talking to me?

This is my third or fourth time here. I just look around to find ideas for overclocking and such.

But I decided to post and see what happens. This seems to be a very good forum, so I think I will check in a few times a week and give my two cents worth.

Plus work is boring today. Working on my database until its time to go home.

lol, thx guys,
some good suggestions, i betta do them right away when i have time.

damn school.. lol =p

Re: Lord ---talking to me?

killerdoberman said:
This is my third or fourth time here. I just look around to find ideas for overclocking and such.

But I decided to post and see what happens. This seems to be a very good forum, so I think I will check in a few times a week and give my two cents worth.

Plus work is boring today. Working on my database until its time to go home.

LOL! Cool; what sort of Database are you doing? Dare I ask whether you're really 70?

Lord,

Not 70. Just a 30 year old who hobbies are computers and gaming. I work in the manufacturing field, so I was doing some database programming to collect data and print reports to make my life easier.

I've been in computers since I was 10. When I saved my allowance to buy a Pineapple. That was an Apple ][+ knock-off that you had to assemble. I bought it for $750 with a green 14" monitor. It was a screamer with 64K memory and two single sided floppy drives. From that day I was hooked. I have ripped apart computer left and right since that day. I am fairly good at problem solving and making things better.

I have even tried to sell my skills and made a few bucks. But it is much better and more enjoyable to do it as a hobby, instead of having someone tell you what to do and dealing with non-computer educated people.

I have personal friends at Intel, nVidia and AMD. I have even been a beta-tester for AMD on the K6-2 300MHz chip. That was fun!

Back
Top Bottom