17" flat panel monitor-Text ghosting and shadows

sleepywoe

Beta member
Does anyone have any info on this?
I just got a new dell 17" flat panel E172FP. I have a 15" of the same model at work. I am getting ghosting of text characters on screen. The text is not sharp and crisp like it is on my Dell flat panel at work. I am comparing it with my work flat panel where I do not get this problem.. My system is Compaq. The monitor did not come with drivers....it is plug and play. I tried adjusting the pixel clock and the phase on the monitor, but it won't correct it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: 17

sleepywoe said:
Does anyone have any info on this?
I just got a new dell 17" flat panel E172FP. I have a 15" of the same model at work. I am getting ghosting of text characters on screen. The text is not sharp and crisp like it is on my Dell flat panel at work. I am comparing it with my work flat panel where I do not get this problem.. My system is Compaq. The monitor did not come with drivers....it is plug and play. I tried adjusting the pixel clock and the phase on the monitor, but it won't correct it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
=====
Only 2,take it back for a refund,or try it at work,
Don't buy Dell or Compaq,next time.
:D

bluto said:
=====

No! I had a Compaq once - dreadful! Although most computers were dreadful at the time!

Yeah! Some people I have noticed, especially from my friend, really dislike the TFT Monitors for the fact that they're too dark. Some are - mine especially - but not all of them and if they are it is because they are so crisp compared to their CFT counterparts. I suppose until CFTs are totally killed people will continue to dislike them; just one of those things.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but, I recenly bought a Dell (very pleased overall); howoever, the monitor had 1 permanant red pixell on it. I rang customer service and was told that as long as it did not take up more than 7 pixels they wouldn't do anyhting as this is within aceptable peramiters!

Is this legit?

I would say yeah cause it is in there contacts probally. (not the one you signed when you brought the pc anyother one.)

bluto said:
=====

One important point,
Does your video card detect this monitor.This is very important.
Do you know how this is done ?
:confused:

bluto said:
One important point,
Does your video card detect this monitor.This is very important.
Do you know how this is done ?
:confused:

No, but if it may resolve the problem, I'll take any advise given!

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom