I hate you Gateway

cmonty15

Beta member
Gateway....i hate you so much. i bought a piece of crap 500s and it is so slow and annoying that the doctor diagnosed me with an anxiety disorder becuase of it. Please, no one buy a gateway then they will go out of business and the computer market will not be poisened by there crappy computers. Everey other gateway ive ever used is the exact same way, i mean realy how can u sell something this bad to good american people? people, we must stop woryying about the war in Iraq, the war is here, in U.S.A against companys like Gateway trying to make all of us commit suicide. Its like a passive form of terroism.

Just build your own or buy advent cause they rule. Never had gateway so can't say i no what you mean.

cmonty15 said:
Gateway....i hate you so much. i bought a piece of crap 500s and it is so slow and annoying that the doctor diagnosed me with an anxiety disorder becuase of it. Please, no one buy a gateway then they will go out of business and the computer market will not be poisened by there crappy computers. Everey other gateway ive ever used is the exact same way, i mean realy how can u sell something this bad to good american people? people, we must stop woryying about the war in Iraq, the war is here, in U.S.A against companys like Gateway trying to make all of us commit suicide. Its like a passive form of terroism.

Fabulous! I was laughing all the way through it! You're a little over the top there maybe? I had a Gateway in 1998, 500Mhz, very early DVD Drive and the works - before my local Woolworths even knew DVDs existed! That computer worked through 3 years of constant over usage and programs that were too big for it. I would have got a Gateway after that if Gateway had not left the UK. I tried to get one this time which would have saved me a great deal of money on a Refurbished one that somebody had sent back.

I love Advent; more than Gateway now because mine is much better than anything I could have got from gateway at the time but still - Gateway are very good and I would not say they made me want to commit suicide. Maybe you should buy a properly priced one? if by 500s you mean $500.

Dont get me started on Advent just got a Advent 3618 what an awesome machine....... :)

David Lindon said:
Very interesting story! Made me laugh!

Yeah! Its just the way it was put! Very good indeed!

Compaq said:
Dont get me started on Advent just got a Advent 3618 what an awesome machine....... :)

Yeah! The 3618 is the one I have! Very very Nice Computer indeed! You ever taken the front panel off? My god the Cover is jst a brilliant piece of engineering. It looks good even on the inside! :eek:

Easy way to avoid it, dont buy and pre-built computers ever, just make you own, so much better and you get to have fun aswell :D

Lord Kalthorn said:
It is fun - but its not really for everyone!

I suppose, but its cool to be able to put them together yourself, could save you money as you dont have to pay for shit you dont want, need and will never use :)

PC World is suprising good if you can't though. Don't even try Comet! I went in with my sister's Laptop once and asked why the printer was doing this and that. It was clicking when it moved. He went through installing the Drivers when just the noise was saying it was mechanical! It took an hour when I had to get to Lord of the Rings, and eventually time ran out a swore at him and he gave me a new one. Just dont' go there!

Back
Top Bottom