The Advantages and Disadvantages of Dual Booting Windows and Linux?

No, Lord Kalthorn, you can't download it off the net ... or even a 30 Day Trial. Sorry. ;D

Dual Boot

Install Windows first then install Partition Magic 8 & partition disk space into Linux partition & Linux swap space
Then install Mandrake Linux. Its the simplest.
Red Hat Linux does not install on all PC (depends on graphics card)

Re: Dual Boot

ejvyas said:
Install Windows first then install Partition Magic 8 & partition disk space into Linux partition & Linux swap space
Then install Mandrake Linux. Its the simplest.
Red Hat Linux does not install on all PC (depends on graphics card)
What graphics card do you need? I would like to install it on my server.

I bet linux will be able to fit on that 810 MB hard drive. The bare bone of linux can fit on a floppy. Alos you can use hard drive currently used for windows to store the files you make in Linux. All you need to do is mount that hard drive after you booted linux up. :)

overAch_student said:
I bet linux will be able to fit on that 810 MB hard drive. The bare bone of linux can fit on a floppy. Alos you can use hard drive currently used for windows to store the files you make in Linux. All you need to do is mount that hard drive after you booted linux up. :)
Great idea!

overAch_student said:

Good idea ... thanks :)

I'm gonna leave the old computer as it is - Windows 98 is all I want out of that little thing. However, on the comp I had Windows 98 and Vector Linux 4.0 on, I wiped it - I want 95 on it. Now, for some reason, a (yes, legit) 95 OS disk isn't recognised, yet 98 is. So, I'm going to have to reinstall 98 (no probs) and then use that to restart in Dos, and then access the setup.exe file from the CD through dos commands - and then hope and pray that it'll work. Then, once that is done, wipe the partition with 98 on it, then install either Vector or Libranet Linux to work alongside Windows 95, and let Lilo do it's work. Complicated, but it should all work out for the best. ugh. -__-

Back
Top Bottom