Problems uninstalling game, please help

MikeWz

Beta member
Okay, this is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Apparantly my friend's comp decided to delete/uninstall all his games for him. We checked his games folder and GONE! We went to reinstall Battle Field and the only options we get when we put the CD in are uninstall or exit. The only problem is it won't uninstall them. It gives us an error. We can't install it either because it says it can't find some part of the install file. Kinda weird. Any ideas?

MikeWz said:
Okay, this is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Apparantly my friend's comp decided to delete/uninstall all his games for him. We checked his games folder and GONE! We went to reinstall Battle Field and the only options we get when we put the CD in are uninstall or exit. The only problem is it won't uninstall them. It gives us an error. We can't install it either because it says it can't find some part of the install file. Kinda weird. Any ideas?

Hmm, this is weird, is it just the shortcuts that are gone or is the whole folder in C:\ Program FIles gone aswell?

They were installed in C:\games as that's where he had them installed. He said when he went to the start ment to run the games that they "couldn't be found". He checked the games folder and sure enough, gone. Tried reinstalling the game which is where we hit the problem. Can't install....can't uninstall. WTF

MikeWz said:
They were installed in C:\games as that's where he had them installed. He said when he went to the start ment to run the games that they "couldn't be found". He checked the games folder and sure enough, gone. Tried reinstalling the game which is where we hit the problem. Can't install....can't uninstall. WTF

Hmm, ok, i really dont have a clue how to sort it without reinstalling Windows. Either that or he could try installing the games in a new directory, though he might lose some space on his hard drive if the files from the games already installed are still being reistered as there (which from the sound of the error i wouldn't think so)

Sorry i couldn't be any more help and i hope you manage to get it sorted out :)

But if worse comes to worse, just reinstall Windows, always works :)

Maybe

Install your games where they suggest even if you have another option.
or,maybe
You moved eg: C:/programs/mygame,
To C:/Games/mygame,thats a no no.
Taskbar shortcuts solve this,Create a My games folder and create the links there,don't move installed games.
:eek:

GeforcebOY said:
Try this :
Explore the cd , then click the setup icon it then should start the install wizard.
Give me a break,they where installed,who what or where changed that ?
I don't really beleive it happened.
Is your problem "installing" or "uninstalling" or other ???
:p

Back
Top Bottom