onboard graphics

ART1

Beta member
can anyone tell me how to disable intel pentium3 onboard graphics so i can run ontnt2 m64

Some systems you will find it in the BIOS, others will usually detect another video card and disable the onboard video automatically. Sometimes there are jumpers or switches.

ART said:
can anyone tell me how to disable intel pentium3 onboard graphics so i can run ontnt2 m64

The way i had to do it was to go into the BIOS and enable external graphics in one of the menu's, Either that or as the other two have said it will detect the new card a nd disable the on board (wish mine done that :()

ART said:

Consult your Motherboard manual.
But just connect your monitor to your video card and not the onboard video.
:)

If your running xp it will sort it for you and disable the drivers for the on board graphics.

Its what i found anyway

Compaq said:
If your running xp it will sort it for you and disable the drivers for the on board graphics.

Its what i found anyway

It depends on the comp. Im running XP and i had to disable it manually
;)

TheSickness said:
It depends on the comp. Im running XP and i had to disable it manually
;)

Why was i ignored ? If you have onboard and a PCI or AGP card you have 2 options.Just connect your monitor to your choice.Is that what you mean by "manually" ?
Correct me if i'm wrong.

bluto said:
Why was i ignored ? If you have onboard and a PCI or AGP card you have 2 options.Just connect your monitor to your choice.Is that what you mean by "manually" ?
Correct me if i'm wrong.

No, basically, i had to go into my bios while connected to the onboard card, change an option to boot using external video card. Then i had to know the computer off, and connect the monitor to the external GFX card :(

I think its Packard Bells Fault :D

TheSickness said:
No, basically, i had to go into my bios while connected to the onboard card, change an option to boot using external video card. Then i had to know the computer off, and connect the monitor to the external GFX card :(

I think its Packard Bells Fault :D
Thanks i needed that.I might have mislead some on this.
Yes those packaged systems like Dell etc.Don't make life easy for Bubba.
:(

This might deserve a new topic.I see this problem all the time.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom