building a computer

MrEd said:
yea it has a hinksink with it and its already attached, but if look at this this picture it almost doesnt look look the fan will not fit. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=674553&Tab=1&NoMapp=0
and thats were im confused does the cpu go on the bottom of the heat sink, cause when its there the fan wont even do anything would it?

The CPU is attached to the motherboard, the the heatsink and fan is put ontop of the CPU. The fan sucks the air in and blows it onto the CPU, thats how it works :D

See, you learn something new everyday (well, here you do anyway) :)

hmm i understood what you were saying intil there. but if you do that how is the fan port being used? follows what my fans directions say but how is the port being used. also thanks for all the help.

MrEd said:
hmm i understood what you were saying intil there. but if you do that how is the fan port being used? follows what my fans directions say but how is the port being used. also thanks for all the help.

The fan port isn't used.

If your referint to when i posted about the fan port, i posted that before i fully read your post. It was 4:15 am and i was, and astill am, half asleep
:D

I mis rwad your post and though you were on about a case fan, not a CPU fan, thats why i said you need to find out the dimesions for it :D

Sorry if i confused you :)

ah ok thanks, so i can put that cpu fan in and then get a case fan. nice i acculy understand now i thought the cpu fan went were the fan port was thanks again. im surpised me understanding this all of sudden epesicaly at this time of night its 12 midnight and i have to be to work in 8 hours lol. and to think it was something that simple that was confusing the hell out of me, ive spent the last 6 hours tring to figure this out.

MrEd said:
ah ok thanks, so i can put that cpu fan in and then get a case fan. nice i acculy understand now i thought the cpu fan went were the fan port was thanks again. im surpised me understanding this all of sudden epesicaly at this time of night its 12 midnight and i have to be to work in 8 hours lol. and to think it was something that simple that was confusing the hell out of me, ive spent the last 6 hours tring to figure this out.

Yup, that fan goes on the CPU, and you can get a case fan, but you need to make sure its no bigger than 80mmx80mm

And dont worry bout it. I was in the same position last yearYou need to learn sometime. I suppose i didnt help much, for that im sorry but atleast you now know
:)

If you need anything else answered, or any other problems, just ask :)

Meh, its 5:20am here, i think i might need to go to bed soon :D

lol you accutaly did help, just took me awhile to comprehend. i just bought a case fan, and an ethernet card that i forgot. i just tested the my motherboard and fan to see if it fits (gee i should have thought of that first...) and it does and i understand how that works now, but with the thermal paste im not sure how much of that im supposted to use. other than that i think im ok now. thanks again.

MrEd said:
lol you accutaly did help, just took me awhile to comprehend. i just bought a case fan, and an ethernet card that i forgot. i just tested the my motherboard and fan to see if it fits (gee i should have thought of that first...) and it does and i understand how that works now, but with the thermal paste im not sure how much of that im supposted to use. other than that i think im ok now. thanks again.

You dont need that much, just enough to make sure it is seated and will stay in place

And glad i could help
:)

well ive got my cpu and fan in, my ram, video card, and sound card, and case fan in, now im tring to figure out were to put the cords from the power supply cords , i believe ive got those right. i do have another question though with the cpu fan, is the blade of the fan supposted to be exposed or is there something you need to do so that its not, cause it seems strange having the fan like that, couldnt it cut some the cords that are near or something?

Back
Top Bottom