IRQ's Messed Up

08neffr

Solid State Member
ok i need help i have an MSI KT4VL and its supposed to have hardware monitoring. when im in windows or the bios it doesnt work right. and my IRQ's for my Primary IDE and my Floppy controller are messed up
they use the same hting so i duno how to change them. PLZ HELP ME

MSI KT4VL
AMD Duron 1.4GHz -->1.8GHz :)
board model number 6712
ati Radeon pro 9000 128 mb DDR
256 ddr Ram pc100
maxtor 30 gig HDD

08neffr said:
ok i need help i have an MSI KT4VL and its supposed to have hardware monitoring. when im in windows or the bios it doesnt work right. and my IRQ's for my Primary IDE and my Floppy controller are messed up

MSI KT4VL
board model number 6712
256 ddr Ram pc100
maxtor 30 gig HDD

It appears to me you have been trying to fix things that weren't broke.
What doesn't work right ?
How do you know your irq's are messed up ?
Users have no control over this.
Did it ever work right ?

right click my comuputer-->Properties-->Hardware-->Device Manager-->
My standard floppy controller and my primary IDE are questionmarked right click on them and it says assigned to the same IRQ, no it never worked "BRAND SPANKIN NEW" :'(

08neffr said:
right click my comuputer-->Properties-->Hardware-->Device Manager-->
My standard floppy controller and my primary IDE are questionmarked right click on them and it says assigned to the same IRQ, no it never worked "BRAND SPANKIN NEW" :'(
Your hd must work to be here,put in a floppy what happens ?
What does Explore show as drive letters ?
If not,

That the easiest fix there is,
Take it back,get another.

Yeah my harddrive works, i think its software,becasu e i jsut flashed the bios wit hthe "newest" abd it still does it, i sisable the primary my floppy coems up with drive A

08neffr said:

MSI KT4VL
board model number 6712
256 ddr Ram pc100
maxtor 30 gig HDD

What do you mean by "hardware monitoring"?
I think you should do a complete new Windows fdisk/format/install and accept it's plug and play findeings.
Then post anything wrong in Device Manager.
This does not apply to XP
I have Me.

i formatted that partition and installed XPo in the first place, it said this ACPIA motherbaord is compliant or somehitng then i had to disable that. installed a fresh copy. still detectedthat proimary and floppy and com 2 are messed up

08neffr said:
i formatted that partition and installed XPo in the first place, it said this ACPIA motherbaord is compliant or somehitng then i had to disable that. installed a fresh copy. still detectedthat proimary and floppy and com 2 are messed up
What exactly doesn't work? Are you posteing from that computer ?
Can you read a floppy disk ? Do you need com 2 ?
it said this ACPIA motherbaord (who is It ?)
compliant is a positive not a negative findeing.
:rolleyes:
If this is warranted take it back.

lol it said it isnt comliant when i disable my Primary IDE the floppy works and the cd's dotn when i disable the floppy my cd'roms w3ork but nto my floppy and my hardware monitoring is bad and when i turn it on it says CPU FAn NOT DETECTED Continue Y, N i have one volcano 10+ anbd then i disabled that stupid thing

Back
Top Bottom