Old computer with new life.

Lord Kalthorn said:
I suppose. But £800 for the P4HTEE or Pforeightiey! Seems pretty good really! That bastards is a fast thing - how long he will last is not known; he isn't 64-bit!

Well, i suppose, but i mean, £800 is a bit steep for someone to have to pay just so they have one of the best CPU's. I doubt they cost 500 quid to make to be honest.

Things cost to much
:(

Yeah - I suppose. But I can't imagine them making that many of them so its kind of limited edition; and they have to cover the costs of inventing it. That cache can't be cheap either!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah - I suppose. But I can't imagine them making that many of them so its kind of limited edition; and they have to cover the costs of inventing it. That cache can't be cheap either!

True, the cache will be quite abit, but 800 quid, i dont think so, though i could be wrong. Look at the AMD FX 51. About 500 quid, ok, smaller cache but supposedly better than the P4 EE's yet they are cheaper. Intel are just trying to bleed everyone dry :p

That said, im still a sucker, and i would willingly pay the 800 quid for a P4 EE if i had it. Damn me and my soft spot for good hardware :)

Yeah! I would too if there wasn't an AMD FX-51! I love Intel but I won't buy a processor now however fast it is unless its 64-bit. Signed up for the Microsoft Beta Team! Xinam told me about it! Lets hope they get me on a 64-bit program!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah! I would too if there wasn't an AMD FX-51! I love Intel but I won't buy a processor now however fast it is unless its 64-bit. Signed up for the Microsoft Beta Team! Xinam told me about it! Lets hope they get me on a 64-bit program!

How can i sign up for the beta team
:confused:

At the moment i wont get a CPU that aint 64 bit. I need to 'future proof' my computer for about 2 years :D

Yeah! not that in the Computing World there is much of a Futureproof!

The Intel 64-bits should be out just after that 2 year stretch; so wait until those are out before you get a new one! Thats what I'll be doing! Even if it takes me waiting until mid year or late year 2 - I'm not buying an AMD again against my better judgement.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah! not that in the Computing World there is much of a Futureproof!

The Intel 64-bits should be out just after that 2 year stretch; so wait until those are out before you get a new one! Thats what I'll be doing! Even if it takes me waiting until mid year or late year 2 - I'm not buying an AMD again against my better judgement.

Yeah, technology moves on too fast, one min a 2.5 GHz CPU's are the best, then its on to 3.4 GHz CPU's. Too fast i tell you :p

But your right, cant really future proof computers for the reason above, but i can try :D

TheSickness said:
Yeah, technology moves on too fast, one min a 2.5 GHz CPU's are the best, then its on to 3.4 GHz CPU's. Too fast i tell you :p

But your right, cant really future proof computers for the reason above, but i can try :D

For a very long time comparitively 3.2 has been the fastest, almost months.

You can certainly give it a shot!

Lord Kalthorn said:
For a very long time comparitively 3.2 has been the fastest, almost months.

You can certainly give it a shot!

Months, thats too long
:p

I plan to give it a shot, see what i can come up with, just need the cash 1st (and to be out of debt :( ) but i shall see how 'future pfoof' i can make it.

If i make the one i have now a top of the range computer now, I would guess about it would be half a year max before it will become a middle range computer :D

Back
Top Bottom