Windows?

Could be worse, but at the same time, could be ALOT better. I'll give them a 70%-79% rating.

I'll have to go with 80-89%. Microsoft is on the right track and they are getting better with each new windows.

I think we all know who voted 'The Best OS out there'!

However - will Longhorn knock the cobblers of all you people who voted it 50%-90%? I think it will!

The Graphics

The Human Interface

The Graphical User Interface

The Sheer Compatability

The Tools

The built in functions:
Windows Media Player
Windows Messenger
Outlook Express
Paint
Internet Games
Internet Explorer
MSN Explorer 7
Windows Journal Viewer
Windows Update - free of charge
File Encryption
The Best File System in the known World - NTFS and soon to be WinFS
and the Administrative Tools!

Need I go on?

Lord Kalthorn said:
I think we all know who voted 'The Best OS out there'!

However - will Longhorn knock the cobblers of all you people who voted it 50%-90%? I think it will!

The Graphics

The Human Interface

The Graphical User Interface

The Sheer Compatability

The Tools

The built in functions:
Windows Media Player
Windows Messenger
Outlook Express
Paint
Internet Games
Internet Explorer
MSN Explorer 7
Windows Journal Viewer
Windows Update - free of charge
File Encryption
The Best File System in the known World - NTFS and soon to be WinFS
and the Administrative Tools!

Need I go on?

Keep wishing. I recently used a Live CD of SuSE 9.0. It is fantastic - and could kick Longhorns saggy ass in a fight ... and they have SuSE 9.1 coming out in may already. Think of how droolingly beautiful SuSE would be by the time Longhorn eventually gets released, think of what other Linux distros would be around by then. Think of how advanced Linux distros would be. While Microsoft is seemingly taking years just over one project, the Linux community are churning out more stable, user friendly, non memory hogging distros and version upgrades in the matter of mere months or even weeks, and that also won't bankrupt users. Even the SuSE 9.1 Personal version is out in May, and is set to cost only up to £30 maximum.

Rocker said:
Keep wishing. I recently used a Live CD of SuSE 9.0. It is fantastic - and could kick Longhorns saggy ass in a fight ... and they have SuSE 9.1 coming out in may already. Think of how droolingly beautiful SuSE would be by the time Longhorn eventually gets released, think of what other Linux distros would be around by then. Think of how advanced Linux distros would be. While Microsoft is seemingly taking years just over one project, the Linux community are churning out more stable, user friendly, non memory hogging distros and version upgrades in the matter of mere months or even weeks, and that also won't bankrupt users. Even the SuSE 9.1 Personal version is out in May, and is set to cost only up to £30 maximum.

Pah - thats all I say.

Anyway; are they legally allowed to sell Linux if it is free?

Lord Kalthorn said:
Pah - thats all I say.

Anyway; are they legally allowed to sell Linux if it is free?

Yes, because each distro has it's own rights. They could let people have it for free, they could have people buy it from them. :)

Back
Top Bottom