Video card dilema

cridden

Beta member
I just purchased a new computer and it came with an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 card with 128MB DDR, DVI and tv-out. I have no experience with nVidia and was wondering if it is comparable, better or worse than the ATI Radeon 9000 that I currently own.....Any thoughts?

Personally I like ATI more but seeing as your comparing a Radeon 9000 to an FX 5200 stick with the nVidia, it's much more advanced and up to date not to mention faster.

cridden said:
I just purchased a new computer and it came with an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 card with 128MB DDR, DVI and tv-out. I have no experience with nVidia and was wondering if it is comparable, better or worse than the ATI Radeon 9000 that I currently own.....Any thoughts?

Stick with the FX 5200, it is better than the Radeon 9000 plus the FX's all have DX9 support :) meaning the new wave of DX9 games coming out will play better :p

Ive got the geforce fx5200, and it suits me fine, providing your not one of these people who has to play games with the highest resolution possible and every effect turned on then it should do you fine.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah - lots of us have 5200s and most of us have FXs - they are after all the best!

Yeah, the FX's are good, except my FX5600, which has a knack of cutting every now and then while in games, though its prob just the AGP slot on the mobo
:(

But, the FX's will beat their ATI equvilent mainly down to the fact they have DX9 support
:)

Back
Top Bottom