Old computer with new life.

GeforcebOY1

Daemon Poster
Basicly i have an old computer in the atic . I am going to get it down and mess around with it. And i was wondering could it be made any good it has:
P3 450mhz
64 SDram
8Mb 3dfx 3000
6.4gb Harddrive
DVD
I was wondering would these things make a diffrence.
The processor begining overclocked to 500mhz+ (as far as it will go)
128mb More RAM
64mb geforce 2.
Just wondering. Also how do you over clock processors i have an idea how it is done but am unshore.

That is kinda what i thought but i wasn't shore. Would this make any diffrence to the computer if i add 128mb ram and a geforce 2 .

The RAM and the Graphics would be a big help.

On a different subject - I'm just finishing off reinstalling vBulletin - so I'll e-mail you when it is up and completed.

GeforcebOY said:
Basicly i have an old computer in the atic . I am going to get it down and mess around with it. And i was wondering could it be made any good it has:
P3 450mhz
64 SDram
8Mb 3dfx 3000
6.4gb Harddrive
DVD
I was wondering would these things make a diffrence.
The processor begining overclocked to 500mhz+ (as far as it will go)
128mb More RAM
64mb geforce 2.
Just wondering. Also how do you over clock processors i have an idea how it is done but am unshore.

The best thing would be to know up the FSB first. This will take awhile as you should only up it by afew mhz at a time, then restart and see if its stable :)

Personally - I woulnd't recommend Overclocking at all (unless it was to somebody I hate) - is it even worth the extra 50Mhz or so?

Lord Kalthorn said:
Personally - I woulnd't recommend Overclocking at all (unless it was to somebody I hate) - is it even worth the extra 50Mhz or so?

I doubt 50 MHz would make a difference, but he might's aswell try.

I would like to overclock my current CPU, but coz i have a crappy NEC mobo, they have locked everything, so i cant even knock up the FSB on it. The only reason i want to overclock, and im sure why most people do, is to save money on buying a faster CPU. Just get a cheap one, good heatsick and fan, and then overclock. I could get my 2.5GHz up to about 3.2 GHz with no trouble. After that, it probably would make my system unstable
:p

TheSickness said:
I doubt 50 MHz would make a difference, but he might's aswell try.

I would like to overclock my current CPU, but coz i have a crappy NEC mobo, they have locked everything, so i cant even knock up the FSB on it. The only reason i want to overclock, and im sure why most people do, is to save money on buying a faster CPU. Just get a cheap one, good heatsick and fan, and then overclock. I could get my 2.5GHz up to about 3.2 GHz with no trouble. After that, it probably would make my system unstable
:p

A 2.5 going at 3.2 would not last very long! :D

Back
Top Bottom