building a computer

MrEd

Baseband Member
hi im building a computer for the first time and im not quite sure if all my parts are compatible. from what i checked everything seems to be compatible but im quite sure, here is what i will be using.

MOTHERBOARD-
Soyo - P4X400 Dragon Lite - VIA Socket 478 ATX Motherboard with Audio, AGP 8X/4X, USB 2.0 and 10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN Support

PROCESSOR-
Intel® Pentium® 4 2.8GHz / 512K Cache / 533MHz FSB/ Socket 478 / Processor

FAN-
Ultra Socket 478 TMD CPU Cooler up to P4 3.06GHz

HARD DRIVE-
Western Digital Caviar 80GB / 7200 / 8MB / ATA-100 EIDE Hard Drive

FLOPPY DRIVE-
Sony 1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive

CD-
Artec 56x CD-ROM Drive / Black / OEM (now almost any cd will work correct, because i plan i taking my burner out of my current pc for this one)

SOUND CARD-
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy X-Gamer

RAM-
Crucial DDR PC3200 • CL=3 • Unbuffered • Non-parity • DDR400 • 2.6V • 64Meg x 64

VIDEO CARD-
Connect3D Radeon 9200se Video Card / 128MB DDR / AGP / TV Out

TOWER-
Just4PC 747 ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Front USB and 425Watt Power Supply - Black

SPEAKERS-
RWTI Cintre RW-555B 2 Pc Black / Silver Speakers

thats about it everything seems to be ok to me but like i said not quite sure.

thanks , il tell ya how it goes, il have to uprgrade the video card and ram later though. thats realy the only thing i dont like is the video card but i dont have the money for a better one. anyway thanks again

hmmm im having acouple of difficulties with my computer.... that fan i have im not 100% it will work with my tower or processor right now. it also gives directions on the fan how to attach it to the processor, which i dont remotely understand how to do according to their directions and diagrams.here are links of my tower and fan. also as of right now thats the only fan i have, and it looks like my tower only has that one fan port, i think il proply need more than one fan but is it possible for it run ok with just the one. i have no idea how to cool though if one isnt enough.

TOWER
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=674553&Sku=B452-1124

FAN
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=585187&Sku=U10-8406

MrEd said:
hmmm im having acouple of difficulties with my computer.... that fan i have im not 100% it will work with my tower or processor right now. here are links to each of them. also as of right now thats the only fan i have, and it looks like my tower only has that one fan port, i think il proply need more than one fan but is it possible for it run ok with just the one. i have no idea how to cool though if one isnt enough.

TOWER
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=674553&Sku=B452-1124

FAN
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=585187&Sku=U10-8406
Should just run fine with CPU fan and the PSU fan. Thats all i have and i get temps of around 40 degree's under load :D

the port size i believe is 8 x 8, i dont know why the site doesnt list that there.

MrEd said:
the port size i believe is 8 x 8, i dont know why the site doesnt list that there.

I dont think there should be a problem, but you might want to wait until another member wither backs me up, or tells you something else
:D

nice thanks, im been talking to some my friends and they all laughed at me when i said only had one fan, they said there wont be enough. but how would i attach that fan with my processor, thats realy the main problem ive been having is dealing with the cooling aspect.

MrEd said:
nice thanks, im been talking to some my friends and they all laughed at me when i said only had one fan, they said there wont be enough. but how would i attach that fan with my processor, thats realy the main problem ive been having is dealing with the cooling aspect.

I dont know if that fan comes with a heat sink, but all you'll need to do is put the fan onto of the heatsink and connect it to the mobo

And let your friends laugh. If you have the right cpu fan and if the psu has the right fan, you dont have any need for any other fans. I have the stock cpu fan and psu fan and my temps are lower than some people who have two case fans aswell as the cpu and psu fans
:D

Back
Top Bottom