Worlds fastest Processor avaliable to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMR1000

Beta member
Im doing some research - can anyone tell me the fastest processor avaliable to buy, moneys no object - and a link?

Thanks.

Probably the P4 Extreme edition but if you really want speed built a mutli processor Xeon desktop.

Yeah; for the fastest Processor working with all the normal programs then a Dual Processor Xeon would do the trick. However, technically for the fastest you'd want to get a Dual Itanium or Opteron - but you wouldn't be able to use anything but specifically 64-bit Programs. You wouldn't be able to do much with it.

If it is home computers . P4 HyperTreading Extreme Edition 3.4ghz.
I don't no about those xeons cause i don't no anything about them.

The Hyper Threading allows the P4 to do basically what the Xeon does. It can carry out two things at once. However; the Xeon is actually 2 Processors and so can carry out the two Threads realistically with I think the same 3.4Ghz of the P4. Also - the Xeon will have the same huge Cache because they're a big Processors. So the Xeon is best - even if it is more expessive!

lol yeah, that video is crazy...

the amd FX-55 is also a possibility but the p4 3.4ee is more suitable since its basically the same thing except that is multi-tasks a lot better

watch the vid on that site where they show what happens w/o a heatsink AMD fries while intel reboots or keeps going when sink reapplied

P4 EE... hahahah.. who the heck said that was the fastest processor? TAke my advice: MHz means squat these days. The AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 is the fastest CPU out there. It outpaces the fastest P4 EE with HT by 10-20%.

If you don't exclude overclocked processors, the Athlon 64 FX-55 can be overclocked faster than the P4 EE with HT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom