Favorite OS?

You might find macs more stable, but thats probably because you are used to them. Windows biggest problem is the amount of people that target windows systems, I.E hackers.

something like 95% of the world uses windows, therefore 99% of hackers write virusses for windows, and other scripts that will excecute programs from IE. Your reletivly safe on a MAC because there is such a small userbase!

When using a PC you probably will be more comfortable with LINUX since linux is based on UNIX and MAC OS is also based on UNIX (thats why you have the same kind of root based directory trees)

For me, windows XP, I've literally never had any problems, never a crash, never needed to press reset, never an unresponsive program that either didn't rescue it's self or couldn't be terminated.
For windows users XP is a dream come true.

mikk0090 said:
Why are you attacking me for simply voicing my opinion about a product?
It was not an attack; it was a comment backed by certain hard opinions. I'm sorry for that - I get a bit emotional!

mikk0090 said:
Mac is expensive, and i have had 3 new mac computers, that run faster, and more efficiently than any windows computer i have ever used.
I can't back up or deny that; but is it worth the difference in money for something that doesn't work for every game or program that come out? Or something thats not going to be as fast as something more than £500 less?

mikk0090 said:
I download updates every time they are availiable, and if i havent seen the "automatic update" in a week or so, i do it manually. Every night i turn the computer off, i run mostly programs specificly designed for windows. I dont understand the attack on my personailty, just for an anonymous opinion i voiced about a product, that the internet so freely lets us do, so alot of people dont have to face society about their problems, and opinions.
Getting a bit too deep into social issues for a Computer Forum there! But again it wasn't a personal attack on you - it was me getting to emotional and I'm sorry for that. If you think the computers you have used have problems then you can ask on the General Software Help Board.

mikk0090 said:
Im not going to bring myself down to attack another poster in the RL, its just not my style.

But people who debate opinions with personal attacks, like most people do when an opinion does not agree with theirs, just disgust me. What you said to me was uncalled for, and very immature.
It was! I am sorry about it! I do however hope you stay on here and keep on postin'!

root said:
You might find macs more stable, but thats probably because you are used to them. Windows biggest problem is the amount of people that target windows systems, I.E hackers.

something like 95% of the world uses windows, therefore 99% of hackers write virusses for windows, and other scripts that will excecute programs from IE. Your reletivly safe on a MAC because there is such a small userbase!

When using a PC you probably will be more comfortable with LINUX since linux is based on UNIX and MAC OS is also based on UNIX (thats why you have the same kind of root based directory trees)

For me, windows XP, I've literally never had any problems, never a crash, never needed to press reset, never an unresponsive program that either didn't rescue it's self or couldn't be terminated.
For windows users XP is a dream come true.
Good points! Can't wait for that Longhorn Dreamin'!

I can list soooo many reasons why Mac is better than Windows
ive had one very long Mac vs PC debate on tech-forums and I think ive come up with the upper hand for Mac ALMOST ON MY OWN, there are a few other Mac fans on the forum that posted a few replies in it, but I did like 95% of the arguing FOR Macs

Lord Kalthorn said:
Come on then - what is it?

So thats Panther? I don't know the version numbers just the crappy names.

I meant Panther as in the Mac - eg. Mac OS X Jaguar, Mac OS X Panther.

What I would like to hear is this discussion winning why Mac is so good Comment?! I think we are all dieing to find the hole in it.

Back
Top Bottom