fool's day

phrankco

In Runtime
Today is April Fool's Day, a holiday celebrating practical jokes of all kinds. The British collection of folk wisdom known as Poor Robin's Almanac (1662) says:

"The first of April, some do say,
Is set apart for All Fools' Day.
But why the people call it so,
Nor I, nor they themselves do know.
But on this day are people sent
On purpose for pure merriment."

One theory about the origin of April Fool's Day is that it started in France in 1582. Up until then, New Year's Day was celebrated on April 1, but when Europe adopted the Gregorian Calendar, New Year's Day was moved to January 1. At the time, news of such things traveled slowly, and it took many years for everyone to get up to speed. People who continued to celebrate New Years on April 1 came to be known as April Fools.

Yeah! Greetings Phranko, not on here enough for my liking!

Nope - it actually traces back to the days of Genghis Kahn. On April the first every year he would tell one of his armies to walk far that way - pointing towards a cliff which was hidden by forest. The army would march and those people who fell were April Fools.

that's funny Lord Kalthorne never heard that before

No David the pranks have been on me thanks to adware & spyware installations over the last few days driving me nuts can't get rid of mtwirl hijacker I just had another install when I hit this forum page a stllr434.cab just installed itself McAfee not catching them I am now using adaware6 to find them ay yi yii

lol yes a little weird it was originally a combo of Pat Harry & Frank people who I was working with but that now defunct just me as montesites now

Back
Top Bottom