why is it crashing?

philgood

Beta member
my pc has started to crash when i open or use my dvd or cd drive.this only seems to happen every now and then.

philgood said:
my pc has started to crash when i open or use my dvd or cd drive.this only seems to happen every now and then.

It could be a power supply problem. Would it be possible to tell us what wattage your PSU is?

TheSickness said:
It could be a power supply problem. Would it be possible to tell us what wattage your PSU is?
That seems most likely.
I had a problem once though, that the IDE connector worked its way loose and when I tried to access the drive it crashed it. Have you checked the connection?

David Lindon said:
That seems most likely.
I had a problem once though, that the IDE connector worked its way loose and when I tried to access the drive it crashed it. Have you checked the connection?

Yeah, i had the same problem a few weeks back. Thought the PSU was buggered, but i found out the IDE cable was nearly fully out.

Though it could be that his PSU just isn't as powerful as he needs.

Ever way it sounds like something to do with the PSU :)

hello fellas thanks for the replies.i dont think it has anything to do with the wattage of psu.could be a connection but its only three months old i shall check though just in case.am i looking for the cable feed to both drives?

philgood said:
hello fellas thanks for the replies.i dont think it has anything to do with the wattage of psu.could be a connection but its only three months old i shall check though just in case.am i looking for the cable feed to both drives?

Could be, just check all cables are connected right from the PSU
:)

Yeah, maybe there is something just wrong with the CD/DVD Drives. But that would be a worse case thing. My friend had the same probably recently.

The cables sound like the most likely options though.

Back
Top Bottom