Power Hungry

GeforcebOY1

Daemon Poster
I have a 250 watt power suppily at the moment and it needs upgrading bad cause i have a geforce fx 5900 which needs about 350watts. So firstly is it a simple job fitting new power suppilys cause i just had the scare of my life this morning . I was trying to fix my old pc to sell it and there was no power . So i saw the the little pieces of metal which the plug, plugs onto was bent so i straghten it and plugs it in and BOOM the whole computer just goes up in a mass of smoke. So basicly i am S**Ting it cause i have a great computer worth alot and if it does the same i will jump down the stairs . Also should i go for a 400watt or 500watt does it make a diffrence .

I says on the box . It needs an extra power cable which is attached to the powersupply . surposily the agp port does not give enough power .

Wow; well, it is a big card! Is that not the double Port one? Giving space for the fan.

Yeah - go for a 500 Watt one. That will do it very well.

it ain't double it is just one port just has an extra power plug thing . You know the power cables for hard drives its one of those.

GeforcebOY said:
I have a 250 watt power suppily at the moment and it needs upgrading bad cause i have a geforce fx 5900 which needs about 350watts. So firstly is it a simple job fitting new power suppilys cause i just had the scare of my life this morning . I was trying to fix my old pc to sell it and there was no power . So i saw the the little pieces of metal which the plug, plugs onto was bent so i straghten it and plugs it in and BOOM the whole computer just goes up in a mass of smoke. So basicly i am S**Ting it cause i have a great computer worth alot and if it does the same i will jump down the stairs . Also should i go for a 400watt or 500watt does it make a diffrence .

Its not hard to fit a new PSU, ive done it many times and even on my 1st go i didnt screw anything up
:)

And like the others have said, 500 watt will do it :)

Back
Top Bottom