Windows Me Setup Error!!

horrificone

Beta member
Here's The Problem, I'm Try'n To Install Wim Me.
It Starts Initializing Files For Setup, And Then Pops Up An
Error Message: "your Program Caused A Divide Overflow Error".

I'm Runnin A Maxtor:diamondmax Plus 40 Ultra Ata 66 [40g].
Amd K6-2 @450 Mhz, 200mb Pc-133 Sdramm.

Has Anyone Come Across This Error Before?

David Lindon said:
Haven't come accross this one before, don't really know how to help you.

Neither have I, though couldn't that Divide Overflow error have something to do with his partition, like he's trying to instal it on a small partition that isn't big enough for ME.

Like i said i dont really know, that was just a guess :)

TheSickness said:
Neither have I, though couldn't that Divide Overflow error have something to do with his partition, like he's trying to instal it on a small partition that isn't big enough for ME.

Like i said i dont really know, that was just a guess :)
Yeah, that sounds like it. What is the size of the partion?

The last time I was able to fdisk this hd, I used the full size for the partition, which is 40.9 gig. But now, when I run fdisk, to check the
partition, it will go to the "enable large hd" screen. And it doesn't
matter whether I check yes or no, it will pop back to the c: prompt
screen. So, now what went wrong?!! Any theories?

I can't think of any reason why it would be doing that on a 40Gig Hard Drive. Are you sure the actual Me CD Works? Have you tried it recetnly on another computer or do you have another instal CD of 2000 maybe to prove that the problem is the Computer and not the CD.

Lord Kalthorn said:
I can't think of any reason why it would be doing that on a 40Gig Hard Drive. Are you sure the actual Me CD Works? Have you tried it recetnly on another computer or do you have another instal CD of 2000 maybe to prove that the problem is the Computer and not the CD.
Or the CD drive could be faulty.

Back
Top Bottom