aim trouble , maybe a trojan

antichrist9

Solid State Member
lately my aim has been displaying this message constantly while it being on (but not signed in) "the aim hyperlink you requested might need you to log in....." when i sign in that message goes away but a minimized window named "chatroomnamehere" (chat room name here) appears on the buttom. and further more a request from aim for me to enter my password cause i might be under attack appears at some times (im guessing somone trying to get the password ) i tried re installing it- still does it. iv run pc cillin and its clear. help

oh and i forgot, this could be unrelated but it needs looking into as well: my ctrl-alt-delete doesnt work anymore. i have a hunch about this whole thing....blue death3. once- again help

Looks like a trojan trying to grab your login details by asking you to login from any URL. Do you have any virus protection?

iv got news!

first- yes i have pc cillin 2004 working fine which i have a question about too.... anyway so you know that minimized window that opens everytime i sign on? when i clicked it it usually just flashed and dissapeared. this time i hit "print screen" the instant it opened and when i pasted it - i saw someones name. it was a chatroom and it stated that there were two people present me and this guy.
i put him on my buddy list to see if it was a screen name and it was. to continue my "investigation" i checked his away message... it was the SAME AWAY MESSAGE (NOW I KNOW ITS HIM) HE
PUT ON FOR ME WHEN HE WAS CONTROLLING MY COMPUTER .(once on aim an away message i didnt write just appeared as my away)

so now that i know who it is what do i do? and what does this mean that everytime i load aim this mysterious window pops up with this guys sn?
p.s if im running pc cillin 2004, could that be slowing my kazaa downloads? should i change the kazaa settings to firewall? and if so how? i dont now anything about socks5 and hosts. and finally, do i need to change settings for anythin else. i know

true

true. but to who? aim? can they do anything? and where on aim.com?
he keeps changing my away message, i gotta figure this out

i didnt open any file. what the hell are you talking about?
and i have stated in past posts that i have anti virus software.

Back
Top Bottom