Cd burner issues

racincc84

Baseband Member
Ive got a LG gce 8481b cd burner installed in an external case with a firewire connection to my pc. I'm running nero 6. when i try to burn an audio cd, for about the first 10% of the burning process the indicatior light on the front of the drive is on. After that, it turns off. nero does not indicate a problem when this happens and continues recording. When i go to play back the cd the first few songs will only play. When copying a cd, the burner works fine. I have tried different brands of cdr's and still the problem persists. Is this a software issue or is my cd burner bad? Appreciate the the help!!!

racincc84 said:
Ive got a LG gce 8481b cd burner installed in an external case with a firewire connection to my pc. I'm running nero 6. when i try to burn an audio cd, for about the first 10% of the burning process the indicatior light on the front of the drive is on. After that, it turns off. nero does not indicate a problem when this happens and continues recording. When i go to play back the cd the first few songs will only play. When copying a cd, the burner works fine. I have tried different brands of cdr's and still the problem persists. Is this a software issue or is my cd burner bad? Appreciate the the help!!!

Is it possible that you could test it on another computer. That way we will know if it could be a problem with your Firewire port or not

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling nero and the drive. neither worked. I would think if the firewire port was bad the computer wouldnt even recognize the recorder. I can make audio CD-RW's fine, just not on cdr's.

i forgot to mention that when the light on the recorder goes off, it still keeps spinning

racincc84 said:
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling nero and the drive. neither worked. I would think if the firewire port was bad the computer wouldnt even recognize the recorder. I can make audio CD-RW's fine, just not on cdr's.

From this it seems like it could be a faulty lens, if its not picking up CDR's, but CD RW's

Though it could be a general fault in the drive itself. Try using a lens cleaner as there could be dust on the lens. If not, then i suggest you take it back if its still under Garuntee) and try and replace it.

Thats really the best advice i can give without actually looking at it or you taking it apart and looking at it yourself. :(

racincc84 said:
i forgot to mention that when the light on the recorder goes off, it still keeps spinning
I think thats called dma and read write etc.Are you sure you understand burning ? Do you use Nero Express.If so set it up and put your hands on your lap.Leave the mouse and kbrd alone.Let it copy and burn.
These are wild guesses for what you've supplied.
:D

Back
Top Bottom