amd or p4

Bird boy

Beta member
i don't play video games I will be creting and burning dvd's and encoding mp3's etc. what would be the best choice for performance

Bird boy said:
i don't play video games I will be creting and burning dvd's and encoding mp3's etc. what would be the best choice for performance

I've only ever used Intel chips, but i've heard alot of good things about the 64 Bit AMD cards. Im sure another member will be able to help you more, but i would say the AMD's are probably better for what you need :)

Yeah - if you're buying one then get the 64-bit for futureproofing. It will also be pretty damn good for Writing CDs and DVDs and playing Videos. Mine does brilliantly.

Rocker said:

To be honest, this thread is basically just personal opinions, as some people will say PEntiums are better, and some say AMD's are better

It is basically just personal preferance :)

It is down to personally opinion really - but I won't say one is better than the other as I would have before my new Computer. I will say Intel are better; but get an AMD to future proof the Computer with 64-bit Technology.

David Lindon said:
P4. Everyone has different opinions but I believe it is supperior.

I really cant say until i get my FX-51 which brand i prefer as ive only ever had Intel chips
:)

but alot of people i know on other forums say the AMD chips are really good

yeah - personally I prefer Intel but AMD allows you to have Future Proofing until you get another Computer with intel 64-bit Technology. hopefully for me in less than 2 years.

Lord Kalthorn said:
yeah - personally I prefer Intel but AMD allows you to have Future Proofing until you get another Computer with intel 64-bit Technology. hopefully for me in less than 2 years.

You know when the 64 bit Intels are out
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom