Advice on AMD chips

thrsy123 said:
ok ive decided what i want to get but i was just wondering if someone can please check over it all to make sure everything is compatible, thanks

btw iam running windows 98se

AMD Athlon XP2400 266 FSB 256 Cache Thoroughbred - Retail Boxed Inc Heatsink & Fan with 3year Warranty

PC Chips Syntax SKT A AGP Via KT266 DDR/SDR ATA 133 Sound/LAN/USB 2.0 Retail Box

as for the RAM i currently have sdram pc100, and im not sure which brand it is(no brand shows up in cpu-z) so i do no know whehter this RAM will be compatible, as apparently only reliable sdram will work with the mobo, so please can somebodt recommend some RAM that will work with the mobo and processor well.

As i dont know how much your willing to spend on the ram, go to This page and look asround. The all have a speed of 266 which matches your chosen CPU :D

also is there really much point between spending 20quid for some ebuyer RAM or spending double and gettin a brand name RAM-will there be any difference in performance?

thrsy123 said:
ok kl is everythign else compatible and will work well together?

It should be, i'll just go check again for you and post back :)

EDIT: Yeah, it all seems to be fine

thrsy123 said:
also is there really much point between spending 20quid for some ebuyer RAM or spending double and gettin a brand name RAM-will there be any difference in performance?

From what i've heard, its really not worth buying EBuyer Ram, its not meant to be any good. I would go with a brand name, just to be on the safe side
:)

Wow - I have seen few people post once then on a subevct which would generally be put in another Post is editted in! Good on you - I thought only I did that! And not often!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Wow - I have seen few people post once then on a subevct which would generally be put in another Post is editted in! Good on you - I thought only I did that! And not often!

I've always done that. I dont see the point in double posting when you can just edit your last post, makes sense. Only people who care about post counts usually double post

TheSickness said:
I've always done that. I dont see the point in double posting when you can just edit your last post, makes sense. Only people who care about post counts usually double post

Yeah - I must admit I did at one point Double Post, because of my Posting, often I triple and quadruple posted! But then I came hear and I gradually started caring about the Forum - although I love my Post Count and will do most anything to get it higher - there are other ways. Like having Outlook on all the time, and Posting on as many Categories, Forums, and Threads as possible! I am Subscribed to something like 200 Threads on here! and I get updates every night about 9 of the Forums!

Its a problem I have. But I hope you can share that problem with me! Because then the Forum shall grow like an American in a Chocolate Shop!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah - I must admit I did at one point Double Post, because of my Posting, often I triple and quadruple posted! But then I came hear and I gradually started caring about the Forum - although I love my Post Count and will do most anything to get it higher - there are other ways. Like having Outlook on all the time, and Posting on as many Categories, Forums, and Threads as possible! I am Subscribed to something like 200 Threads on here! and I get updates every night about 9 of the Forums!

Its a problem I have. But I hope you can share that problem with me! Because then the Forum shall grow like an American in a Chocolate Shop!

I really dont care about post counts. Its really just a number to me
:p

Im subscribed to all the topics ive posted in so far (not many) but as im usually on MSN, i usually come here when i get an email saying someone's posted.

Though i did used to care about getting my post count higher, and i posted alot of BS, but now i have calmed down :)

Yep, I think most Posting Virgins who want to stay on a Forum want to get their Post count as high as possible. I don't imagine many get to 200 and don't start to feel a love for the Forum and then slow down - cancelling out the problem for another Forum! Just as I did on CDV-Boards before this! Killed off my original Galloping-Postomania on there!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yep, I think most Posting Virgins who want to stay on a Forum want to get their Post count as high as possible. I don't imagine many get to 200 and don't start to feel a love for the Forum and then slow down - cancelling out the problem for another Forum! Just as I did on CDV-Boards before this! Killed off my original Galloping-Postomania on there!

The way i see it, on a forum like this, it dont matter how many posts you have, if you can help, help and if you cant, dont. Or if you have a question, post it, if you cant answer it, dont post if you can help post.

My love for the post count died ages ago when i realised, it was all bs :p. WHo really cares how many posts you made, its all for fun anyway :)

Thats the way i see it anyway

Back
Top Bottom