Ideas form my computer!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah! I was just being silly! It makes sense if he wants to try the idea out; and it is prenounced the 'Windows eXPerience'! :D

Good ideas! Just install it on a crap computer and test it! I should really get my crappy old Mac working - if only to have a look.

By the way, just wanted to know, would linkux go onto a computer with these specs -

Pentium Celeron 266MHz
32 MB SD Ram (dunno what speed)
40 GB HD
Crappy 8 MB onboard Graphics?

Im thinking about installing it on my brothers pc when he basically gets my pc :D

Sorry to hijack the thread, but we were on the topic of Linux, and i really didnt think i should make a new topic about it

I will if you want though
:)

TheSickness said:
By the way, just wanted to know, would linkux go onto a computer with these specs -

Pentium Celeron 266MHz
32 MB SD Ram (dunno what speed)
40 GB HD
Crappy 8 MB onboard Graphics?

Im thinking about installing it on my brothers pc when he basically gets my pc :D

Sorry to hijack the thread, but we were on the topic of Linux, and i really didnt think i should make a new topic about it

I will if you want though

Yes, quite a few Distros would, including Elx, Vector and SuSe (but you have to pay for that one). Get downloading - burn the .ISO file to a CD, if done properly, when you check the disk contents, you should see loads of folders. If you just see the .ISO file on the disc, then you actually copied it instead of burning it. Burn it.

Just chuck the CD into your CD-ROM and it should load up for you - just follow the instructions, and there ya go. Though, do some research on the distro sites and print yourself off a copy of the installation instructions on the site. Read it before hand too - does help.

Have fun ;)

Rocker said:
Yes, quite a few Distros would, including Elx, Vector and SuSe (but you have to pay for that one). Get downloading - burn the .ISO file to a CD, if done properly, when you check the disk contents, you should see loads of folders. If you just see the .ISO file on the disc, then you actually copied it instead of burning it. Burn it.

Just chuck the CD into your CD-ROM and it should load up for you - just follow the instructions, and there ya go. Though, do some research on the distro sites and print yourself off a copy of the installation instructions on the site. Read it before hand too - does help.

Have fun ;)

I'll be downloading it in a few weeks when my new parts arrive and i get my brothers computer and also when i get Broadband (still stuck on crappy 56k, but only til next week when i get my 1MB line
:D ) I was just checking beforehand that it would un.

Thanks Rocker

David Lindon said:
I don't like cathods and all that crap. Distacts me when I'm doing business.

I dont mind cathodes, they make the case look cool, although im not wasting my money at the moment as i dont know if the case im getting (This One) comes with any.

But yeah, i think cathodes are a cool accessory

Back
Top Bottom