different ram speeds

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah, RAM will stay at the lowest speed to make it work. It doesn't really matter with the old 100 and 133 models but when you've got up to 800Mhz in there and RAM dispositions of 400 until the next model it gets really noticable.

Lol, my friend made the mistake of putting in 2 Ram sticks, one DDR800 and another DDR500 and then he wondered why he was getting worse performance than he thought. It was funny when he realised why :)

TheSickness said:
Lol, my friend made the mistake of putting in 2 Ram sticks, one DDR800 and another DDR500 and then he wondered why he was getting worse performance than he thought. It was funny when he realised why :)
That would have been funny :D

David Lindon said:
That would have been funny :D

It was, especially as the time for returning the product for free was up (he got them from some weird site that if you returned it within 2 weeks, you got your money back, no matter the reason for returning, but after that, if you wanted to return a product because it was a wrong make or something like that, you had to pay a fee
:D )

He's an idiot :p

TheSickness said:
It was, especially as the time for returning the product for free was up (he got them from some weird site that if you returned it within 2 weeks, you got your money back, no matter the reason for returning, but after that, if you wanted to return a product because it was a wrong make or something like that, you had to pay a fee
:D )

He's an idiot :p

Lol! I would have liked to see the look on his face after that!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Lol! I would have liked to see the look on his face after that!

LOL< then he tried to shift the DDR500 to me for more than what he paid for, just so he could go out and buy another stick of DDR800, the little git

He went around everyone he knew trying to sell it, he only just got it sold last week, and that was to the local computer shop for less than half of what he paid for it.

The morale of this story, dont be a dumb git like my friend, check what your buying :D

Back
Top Bottom