Ideas form my computer!

jameswalker

Solid State Member
I have an old computer .. nad i finally got it running ... there is no internet but there is on this computer ... I have nothing to do so i need ideas ... like I was thinking of hooking the computer up to the tv so that the TV is the monitor , I have cable TV and not satilight (i dunno if that matters)

I was wondering if people could give me some ideas for what to do ... like n e thing .. i have a sterio and TV in the room that the computer is in ... so i dunno if I could do sumthing kool with hte sterio and use it as speaker or sumptin .. i dunno .. can u post some kool ideas?!

How old is this computer? OS? Specs?

If it is that old, you could always completely upgrade it. It's what I'm doing. Not only is it kinda fun, but it also gives you a bit more knowledge on what is going on inside the machine. Take it apart, and buy new parts for it, and build it up gradually.

Well I unno much bout computers , and I dont have much money ... My friend has a lot of knowledge with computers and h did upgrade quite a lot of sutff already i think ... And also .. He put in Like a new Driver (that didn't work cause i tihnk it is too old cause the Driver was from a newer compter) Thx for oyu suggestion =D

Well, you could always run Linux on it ... which is something different and BETTER than standard Windows systems .. it's free, you simply burn it onto a CD, and then boot it up on your comp ... Linux imformation here

I read the site ... well some of it ... and I don;t get what it is ... is it an operating system of sum sort? .. and also would there de negitive effects liek regular programs would not work? ... Would my friends need lynixus to contact me some how or anything .. would games not work?

Yes, it's an OS like Windows, only better. (LK, don't say a word). Games wouldn't work too well, most linux Distros come with they're own version of AIM, and you can also use YIM. They come with Mozilla Firebird as a browser incase you wanted to use the intermet.

I don;t think i will get that cause i mostly play games and stuff .. Like counter-Strike
Thanks for being such a help .. do oyu know n e thing bout hooking it up so the moniter in my TV?

I could do the TV idea ... but I have not idea how to do it, Do oyu know how to do it? if you do that would be SUPER DUPER!

Back
Top Bottom