Dutch Computer

ComputerGenius

Beta member
I have a computer that is in Dutch. Everything, starting from the booting process. I need to get it into english, but how? I don't have a CD rom drive, or network, only a floppy. What do I do.

You're a computergenius though...

Ok well in the startup installation you probably picked the wrong language. Try installing it again and pay attention.

You will need to reinstall the OS if you can't undersand it. If you can figure it out, just go to the control panel and change the language.

I know that already!!

I am planning on reinstalling the OS, but how?!?! I have no CD-Rom drive, or network card. I also have Windows XP on another computer. In Control Panel, it has a "Regional and Language Settings" control. On the Dutch (running Windows 95), it just says "Regional Settings" Inside it, it has no language settings.
Another alternative is Internet Explorer -->Tools-->Internet Options-->Language. That leads to another problem, NO INTERNET EXPLORER! "The Dutch Computer" has no internet explorer program. (Provided by the fact that it has no network, and no access to "Windows Update". I know you can get windows 95 on floppy, but I only own the CD currently. Is there a way to solve the problem without purchasing floppys?

P.S. Shouldn't this thread be in the "Operating Systems" forum?

Can't you 'borrow' the cd from your working computer to use to install an OS on the dutch computer?

Re: I know that already!!

To Denmark!

ComputerGenius said:
I am planning on reinstalling the OS, but how?!?! I have no CD-Rom drive, or network card. I also have Windows XP on another computer. In Control Panel, it has a "Regional and Language Settings" control. On the Dutch (running Windows 95), it just says "Regional Settings" Inside it, it has no language settings.
Another alternative is Internet Explorer -->Tools-->Internet Options-->Language. That leads to another problem, NO INTERNET EXPLORER! "The Dutch Computer" has no internet explorer program. (Provided by the fact that it has no network, and no access to "Windows Update". I know you can get windows 95 on floppy, but I only own the CD currently. Is there a way to solve the problem without purchasing floppys?

As David said, connect your CD Drive from you're newer Computer to the older one, install the OS, and take the CD Drive off again. Good when you don't want to sell a PC with a nice new CD Drive but you don't want to have to take too long to install the OS! The question I think is that why would you be wanting an old, no CD Drive, Dutch Computer? Even with English? Is it worth the bother? What will you be doing with it?

Back
Top Bottom