The Advantages and Disadvantages of Dual Booting Windows and Linux?

David Lindon said:
It would be impossible unless you were to split the files that were >1.44MB!

Well... erm... you could save the DVD onto the Computer - then put it into a Winzip File - then buy half a ton of Floppies - then save it to the Floppy Disks piece by piece like with any Winzip! but that would only transfer the files - not the Setup! You'd have to write a program to do it! Either way it would be dreadfully time consuming!

You do know that Windows is going to be out of all schools, all shops, etc because Linux is so much more compatable, free space, doesn't have those 100000 hidden peice of shit files that you don't even use, and has all the stuff that you need. And you PICK IT!

Pah! Linux does not have the stability of a mighty Corporation behind it to help the people install the software. Linux is unsafe - we all know this is true - Open-Source is fundamentally flawed in that it is Open-Source!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Pah! Linux does not have the stability of a mighty Corporation behind it to help the people install the software. Linux is unsafe - we all know this is true - Open-Source is fundamentally flawed in that it is Open-Source!
Open source means that people can close the wholes them selves!

Yes - but some people; the people you're talking about - Schools, Shops, etc - don't have the know-how to close these holes. So they'd have to get somebody in who could; some of these people who could will naturally be unpleasant and do bad things. He'd be prefectly within his rights to do whatever he wanted to bug the entire system even! This is not at all the safety that people want, that they get from Windows. There's nothing the general user can do on Linux which they can't on Windows - but there are things on Windows which the general user can't do on Linux. In fact - a great deal of the best Pros wouldn't use Linux. Just like the average test scores are higher in Females than Males, but Males get the best scores. Just as Linux users get the highest average Pro-Scores, but the Windows users get the highest Pro-Scores!

I hope you and I stay on here long enough for me to prove that to you and all of you!

Back
Top Bottom