Graphics make my head hurt (Help Me Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeforcebOY1

Daemon Poster
Hello again guys . If you have read my preivous thread you will now about my mad obsesion(if thats how you spell it ) With graphics and if you haven't then i am obsessed.
2 questions:
Firstly can anyone tell me what these diffrent numbers and terms mean and which is the best.

Geforce 4 ti 4800 :
Memory Bandwith GB SEC = 10.4
Effective Memory Clock = 650MHz
Fill Rate (AA pixels/sec.) = 4.8 Billion
Graphics Core /Core Clk. = nfiniteFX II / 300MHz
Triangles/sec. (peak) = 136 Million

Geforce Fx 5600

Core Clock = 275 mhz
Memory Bandwidth:12.8GB/sec
Fill Rate: 1.6 billion texels/sec
Vertices per Second:100 million

And Second Question is.
Would you buy a geforce 5700 ultra 256mb or 5900 with 128mb.
or would the ati 9600 be an option.

Memory Bandwith GB SEC = The amount of GBs per Second that the Graphics Card can take.
Effective Memory Clock = The average Clock-Speed of the Graphics Processor within the Card; same scale as any processor.
Fill Rate (AA pixels/sec.) = Number of Pixels, or Polygon Walls, that the Graphics Card can Fill in one second.
Graphics Core /Core Clk. = The type of Graphics Processor.
Triangles/sec. (peak) = Graphics are in Triangles; the most Triangles that the can can render per second.

For that question I would go for the FX 5600; you're not going to worry or notice just 2 GB/s more Bandwidth; but the better things it can do you would notice!

Second Question, certainly the GeForce FX57000-Ultra 256MB - greater than the others, in the fact that it has more Virtual Memory; which is what a Graphics Card wants.

I'm glad to be of help - I'm sure there'll be some ATi maniac on here talking about it and saying how good it is! That should even out the oppinions!

0.13u process technology

Wow! They were using this on Processors a couple of months ago! Doubt they still are but still!

Dual, 400MHz RAMDACs for display resolutions up to and
including 2048x1536@85Hz

I'd need a 30inch Monitor to see anything that was creating! And brain surgery to watch it for any great length of time!

256-bit advanced memory interface

That is simply amazing - can't wait for the games that can use it!

I doubt ATi has an answer to that big-mumma!

Wow very nice. But i think it could be a load more than i can spend . The max i can afford is £200. I am guessing that will be about 400 -500 .I wish i could afford it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom