Kalthorn's College Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem; (and not the obvious one!)

Up until a couple of days ago I only had one decision for College - I would go to Bexhill College and AVCE ICT along with Pure Maths. I don't know whether Ive already brought that up, but anyway; then I decided as a friend had told me to look at Hastings College who do a very wide range of National Diplomas. On their site I found a Level 4 Higher National Diploma in Computing which would take up all of my lessons - so I couldn't do Maths!

The question is; do I do AVCE ICT and Pure Maths or do I do Higher National Diploma?

Anybody with any knowledge of the Software Development requirements for any job; specifically Microsoft! would be of specific help.

well mate at the moment im doing a b-tek = National Diploma and that has maths and every thing els eg electronis and computing and it s quite good. poole collage bournemouth

Jan Bones from Hastings College said:
Dear Robert
There are two routes you can take to reach your goal of University. The first is Bexhill for A levels, and your predicted grades look good, the second is Hastings College and the National Diploma. The ND two year course would give you the equivalent of 3 A levels. I think the best idea would be for you to apply to Hastings and get an interview where you could meet the tutors. This would give you more in depth technical details of the course content and your proposed pathway to programming. Once you have done this you could decide between Bexhill and Hastings. If you need a prospectus and application form, email your address and I will get one sent off to you.
Regards
Jan Bones, Guidance Worker

I e-mailed Hasting College and thats what they sent back. I think its a good idea - but I have finally decided I think to go for the AVCE ICT and Pure Maths for the simple reason that that then - not only does it not arrowhead my oppotunities (I could be a Maths Teacher when I'm too old for anything else! Wearing crazy diamond Jumpers and with fluffy hair either side of my bald head)

I think the Five I could get at Bexhill far out number and outclass the three that the Diploma would give me. I'll see what this tutor says, and what Bexhill say when they come for the interviews.

who ever said that AVCE ICT and Pure Maths was better bont be a nerd you now were all right on the Nat Dip. or let hell be on your door step. :)

novartic said:
who ever said that AVCE ICT and Pure Maths was better bont be a nerd you now were all right on the Nat Dip. or let hell be on your door step. :)

Don't be a Nerd?! :rolleyes: This is Computer Forums! Its kind of implied! I'd imagine there are some constant posters in here who aren't but I most certainly am!

I decided upon the AVCE ICT and Maths before the Higher National Diploma; unless I can fit in two Higher National Diplomas into a week I am going for the let hello be on my doorstep decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom