Favorite OS?

Ok then;

Lord Kalthorn's Essays of Stuff said:
The Flaw in Open Source
By Lord Kalthorn
The Flaw in Open-Source is simple and complex in its speciallities. I'd imagine about 80% of OSs sold go to people who just want to right Letters, use a Computer, and are happy that it just works, knowing nothing about Computers - yes? Well; these 80% will always like a safe and secure OS because of the simple point that they know nothing about OSs.
This is where LInux come in, and Open-Source in general. Open-Source allows that fifth of the OS populous to edit the Linux OS and to then distribute it as he/she will. The simple flaw is that when people get the oppertunity to do this they are able to do terrible and expensive to correct things to the user who unsucpectingly gets and maybe even buys Linux from that filthy character. This is the fault of Open-Source - the general users of Linux will not be safe from the scum society; nor will be able to distinguish those select scum from the generally good Computer Programmers who simply want to be nice. I had this very discussion with my Librarian Mrs. Prince; and she said that she would not feel safe with Open-Source and the possibilities of all the low brow things that could be done by people to her operating system before she even brought it.
This is why Windows is far superior and Closed-Source while likely never completely winning the war will always have Open-Source on its last leg. Open-Source is unsafe; and while Closed-Source is continuously bombarded by Viruses and Trojans and numerous other things which everybody blames Microsoft for - nobody ever realises that it is Windows keeping them safe, not Windows making their life bad.
Closed-Source is Safe, Open-Source is inherently unsafe. Open-Source will never be safe because to be safe it will need to be Closed-Source! Linux will therfore not hit the 15% mark ever simply because of that fact, that flaw, that Open-Heel!
Lol! I should write more of these Essays of Stuff!
I hope that enlightened you, DevilHack!

Lol! I think in my essay I just showed you why. Linux would fall apart under the bombardment that Windows gets; Windows is Stronger, more Powerful, and more Stable. The stableness is just not noticed under the stress it is alway put against. Linux as I just said would fall apart under half that stress - ney, it would litterally vapourise under it!

lord kalthorn you are a fucking IDIOT!
you have absolutely NO evidence to back up alot of the shit that you say. you are making up shit completely ridiculous and then going off on a tangent about it.

you like microsoft cuz youre a computer retard, just like most people at this site.

i can see youre a spoiled little brainwashed richboy just by the kind of computer you have. youve never even used a linux distro outside of your little paid-for xp box have you?

i have 4 copies of windows xp (pro) and i got them all free, along with 9 linux distributions. i have used them all.

"The basic idea behind open source is very simple: When programmers can read, redistribute, and modify the source code for a piece of software, the software evolves. People improve it, people adapt it, people fix bugs. And this can happen at a speed that, if one is used to the slow pace of conventional software development, seems astonishing.

We in the open source community have learned that this rapid evolutionary process produces better software than the traditional closed model, in which only a very few programmers can see the source and everybody else must blindly use an opaque block of bits."

microsoft is closed-source, which is the opposite of open source, which is what was just explained here

people who OPEN THEIR EYES are the ones who hate microsoft. we hate MS because of lies, because its restrictions. Bill gates calls windows xp infinitely customizable. well, i can name a few things i cant change without using a program that endangers my computer.

Micro$oft writing its name on everything
the bootscreen
the logon screen.
THE VISUAL STYLE (o wait i can, but i have to BUY SOFTWARE)
<with linux you can freely edit all of these, it even comes with applications to do so.>

bill gates is a scum bag. his company's profits average at 90 billion. 90 BILLION DOLLARS. AND HE STILL RIPS PEOPLE OFF! 300 DOLLARS FOR A NEW BOXED OS: MULTIPLY THAT BY 100 MILLION
$300,000,000 A YEAR (on average) o ya if youre too stupid to know what that says (which you probably are) that's 3 hundred million.

its not so much that i hate the os, dont get me wrong, windows xp is nice, but it still sucks. it sucks cuz its vulnerable as hell. so is IE; MAN what a piece of shit. its more of a hate for the company itself rather than the os

o ya kalthorn youre the cockiest son of a bitch ive ever had to listen to

Now, it could just be me, but that person wasn't very polite to me :rolleyes:!
captain morgan said:
lord kalthorn you are a fucking IDIOT!
you have absolutely NO evidence to back up alot of the shit that you say. you are making up shit completely ridiculous and then going off on a tangent about it.

you like microsoft cuz youre a computer retard, just like most people at this site.
I doubt the other members of the site will like that comment either - if its evidence you're after then you should probably start by giving some! Where are we Computer Retards? Is it because we spell properly? :confused:

There is an apostrophy between you and re, cuz isn't even a word, and often people use Capital Letters at the begginning or at least at some point during the Paragraph!
i can see youre a spoiled little brainwashed richboy just by the kind of computer you have. youve never even used a linux distro outside of your little paid-for xp box have you?
As a matter of fact; I have not! And I am happy to tell you that truthfully - in the due course of time I will find the time to copy my Linux CDs onto a CD and then I will see. Until then; I can only work on my own personal guesses - yet I have not actually said anything based on the Operating System Linux. Only Open-Source in this - which I don't need to see to articulate the problems behind.

And by golly Mr. Morgan I am by far a 'Brainwashed Richboy' people who spell correctly are not alway rich! Just intelligent. And on equal terms people who don't can be intelligent, but only to a point.
i have 4 copies of windows xp (pro) and i got them all free, along with 9 linux distributions. i have used them all.
Wow, I am impressed! :eek: Anybody can get 9 Linux Distributions, and anybody can get a free Copy of Windows Pro (I myself used Windows XP Pro before the 64-bit release)
"The basic idea behind open source is very simple: When programmers can read, redistribute, and modify the source code for a piece of software, the software evolves. People improve it, people adapt it, people fix bugs. And this can happen at a speed that, if one is used to the slow pace of conventional software development, seems astonishing.

We in the open source community have learned that this rapid evolutionary process produces better software than the traditional closed model, in which only a very few programmers can see the source and everybody else must blindly use an opaque block of bits."
It strikes me that that was not you talking? Is it the case that you could not find the words yourself - or could you just not articulate your thoughts (if you have them) into Words. I'm sure that Open-Source has its good points - I said that in my Essay - but speed is not one of them! Have you not seen the War in Linux-Land Thread; I presume you did read up other sources on me before you damned me so uncouthly. The basis behind that was the simple fact that there are so many rival factions of Linux that they fight between each other to beat them. A Country that fights between itself is not goign to ever be in any position to wage war on another Country; let alone an Empire like Microsoft. While one Linux person is doing one thing, another can be doing the same thing at the same time or after another has fixed that problem. If Linux were one company I'd imagine it would be troublesome for Microsoft - but it isn't.

microsoft is closed-source, which is the opposite of open source, which is what was just explained here

people who OPEN THEIR EYES are the ones who hate microsoft. we hate MS because of lies, because its restrictions. Bill gates calls windows xp infinitely customizable. well, i can name a few things i cant change without using a program that endangers my computer.

What can't you customize? Come on then - lets have it?

Micro$oft writing its name on everything
the bootscreen
the logon screen.
THE VISUAL STYLE (o wait i can, but i have to BUY SOFTWARE)
<with linux you can freely edit all of these, it even comes with applications to do so.>
It writes its name on the Boot Screen to show its loading; what else would you want - a blank screen? It writes its name on the Logon Screen because that is part of Windows; as I said then - what else would you want? Both of these you can change for free anyway - so whats the point!

The Visual Style, there are enough Visual Styles, and even if there aren't you can changing it without purchasing costly software - although you can do it that way too!

Linux I have not said is not customizable; I've said its Open-Source, and then I said that Open-Source is unsafe. I think any reasonable person will realise not only my point in there - but the point of someone who knows practically nothing about Computers - the point that nobody would feel safe from Programming Scum and then they would distrust the good and honest programmers.
bill gates is a scum bag. his company's profits average at 90 billion. 90 BILLION DOLLARS. AND HE STILL RIPS PEOPLE OFF! 300 DOLLARS FOR A NEW BOXED OS: MULTIPLY THAT BY 100 MILLION
$300,000,000 A YEAR (on average) o ya if youre too stupid to know what that says (which you probably are) that's 3 hundred million.
90 Billion? I'd like to see where you got that from!
[b said:
Microsoft Presspass] [/b]Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2003 Net revenue: US$32.19 billion Net income: US$9.99 billion

So, you were out my 88%! They only make 9 Billion Profit; and what does that show you? That they pay out each year from their makings $22,200,000,000, which if you don't know is 22.2 Billion!
its not so much that i hate the os, dont get me wrong, windows xp is nice, but it still sucks. it sucks cuz its vulnerable as hell. so is IE; MAN what a piece of shit. its more of a hate for the company itself rather than the os
I'm sure it is - but to say any of these things you have to compare it to the next best thing. What other Internet Explorer Program is not Vunerable? Or indeed as Hell? Internet Explorer has numbers against it. While there could be a Million break ins toInternet Explorer, and a thousand to another browser, the thousand to the other browser is all of its customers. But which do the notice? Internet Explorer because it had more!
o ya kalthorn youre the cockiest son of a bitch ive ever had to listen to
I'm glad! But I cannot give you the honour of being the worst speller I have had to listen too - that still has to be Novartic. Although he was more pleasant.

You remind me of a friend I have. I like you! Even if you do have a slight Open-Source problem; I think you should stay on here and not just leave like some of the others. I think I need someone like you to make these long posts to!

I can't delete this post, so I say Hoorah for that other Post Down there! Or in your case up there; I don't know how you put your Posts up!

No one owns him. No one owns me. No one owns anybody. Even if you're being held captive. No one can reach inside the mind.

Back
Top Bottom