Favorite OS?

I choose Linux. It's faster, more reliable, and it's more flexible than Windows. I use Mandrake 9.2 =)

Its faster because its not so big and complex.

Its more reliable because there are so many versions all with different things - so you can choose which you like.

Its more flexible because its Open-Source!

None of these things; fastness, reliability, nor flexibility are worth the last point - Open-Source! This is the knife in the back of Linux; and they flash it around as if its a Battle Scar! Open-Source will never make it well because it is not unpredictable and nobody is safe with it if they know hardly anything about Computers - which 80% of Computer Users are!

Re: Linux

Lord Kalthorn said:
I hate Linux! Is it true it is free? My God! It Cannot be very good if it is made by Crazy group of un-paid freaks who seriously cannot be particularly good if they are being paid nothing for the work. If they were any good they would be working for Microsoft - or perhaps even Macintosh,euw.

Whoa man, Linux is free because they think knowledge should be free. They get paid alot for making them, because they are going in computer stores and it's not free there, but you can download the ISO's on some sites such as www.LinuxISO.org. Microsux? With Bill? Man, are you okay?

Re: Linux

DevilHack said:
Whoa man, Linux is free because they think knowledge should be free. They get paid alot for making them, because they are going in computer stores and it's not free there, but you can download the ISO's on some sites such as http://www.LinuxISo_Org. Microsux? With Bill? Man, are you okay?

Lol - I have downloaded all three Linux CDs; but as of yet I have not put them on a CD and installed them. Yarrow install I think; yes, Yarrow.

I am perfectly OK - infact; I love Microsoft so much I do intend to work for their Software Development team in the due course of time.

If the programmers get paid for making it - who foots the bill of making it for free?! :D :confused: :D Few people are going to buy it from a Computer store - if they can even find it or care to look for it when they can download it off the internet for free. Anybody who is going to bother buying it is going to be able to download it and write it on a CD!

Talking of working for Microsoft's Software Development team in the due course of time; I need some help on College courses!

Ok, I have the choice of - Bexhill College with AVCE ICT (2 A-Levels) and Pure Maths (2 A-Levels) - or - Hastings College with a Level 4 Higher National Diploma in Computing?

What do you all think?

1) I'm glad Linux isn't really known because I would hate to talk to n00bs online and them be on Linux asking me all these questions on what to do. I get enough questions such as; "TEACH ME TO HACK !"...
2) They get paid because they are very good programmers.
3) To install Linux you have to put it in the CD-ROM then reboot and press F12 and go to CD-ROM and let the installation began. Also you have to burn all the ISO's, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ISO all seperate.

1) I'm glad Linux isn't really known because I would hate to talk to n00bs online and them be on Linux asking me all these questions on what to do. I get enough questions such as; "TEACH ME TO HACK !"...

1. It would appear you have fallen right into my hand here - you are saying are you not that Linux is directly related to Hacking?! And why are you glad?

2) They get paid because they are very good programmers.

2. My question was not why do they get paid - it was how do they get paid! Nobody is going to foot the bill to pay these people and give Linux away for free - he'd have to be insane! They cannot make that much money releasing it at shops - its hardly in shops! Which points me to my main point - many Linux programmers and therefore Choppers work for Microsoft to [ay their way. Therefore getting many leaks and being in the right place to get an idea of how to take advantage of these things. I personally believe nobody working for Microsoft should be allowed to make Linux; use it yes but make it no! That is one of my underlying principles!

3) To install Linux you have to put it in the CD-ROM then reboot and press F12 and go to CD-ROM and let the installation began. Also you have to burn all the ISO's, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ISO all seperate.

3. Do I look like an idiot! I know how to install it! I just haven't got around to it nor do I seem to in the near future! I may and when I will I will tell all on CF at the time of my oppinions in a bold and in your face fashion!

To your replies:

1) I just don't want it to fall into the wrong hands. It's not for people who don't know anything about computers.
2) They work for big companies and program for them and make OS's for that company.
3) I was just making another statement =P

"I would hate to talk to n00bs online and them be on Linux asking me all these questions"
That could get very irritating!

Yeah, I've gotten a question about how to change the directory..

Also: Why the hell is Windows the top in that poll?!

Back
Top Bottom