Favorite OS?

Reiken said:
I think this is a result of Microsoft's domination (or monopolization) of the (PC) OS market place, many people are happy with Windows environment as it has been (unofficiall) standardized and perfer not venture into unknown OS environment.

I must admit that the only reason I looked into alternative OSs' is because I was unhappy with Microsoft Windows, as (unlike many other people's situation) I can not afford Windows.

Although, like the apples, interoperation, compatability, support etc is and will be for a long time, minimal due to market domination.

RC

Firstly, there is a Monopolisation Committee thing, so use can't use Monopolisation () although I think we all want them to Monopolise the Market! Dominion I think is a better word; sounds more like a mighty empire of old.

For a long time?! For all time you mean! MOO-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

Re: Apple Windows????

phrankco said:
yeah but most corporations and companies don't want to spend the money...

What do you think about this article?

Windows Trademark at Risk
Imagine a world where Microsoft doesn't own the term "Windows." We could have products named Sun Windows, Open Windows, Java Windows, Linux Windows, and Apple Windows—all competing with Microsoft's OS. Well, that world is a lot close today. Find out why a court ruling for Lindows has put the whole Windows stranglehold at risk.

http://eletters.wnn.ziffdavis.com/zd1/cts?d=75-124-1-1-797033-5706-1

That would be like taking the Queen and giving the title out to anybody who wanted it. The Power of Windows cannot be given to all in sundrey!

Lol! but there would be a flaw there; in that the money from the bidding would have to go to Microsoft, because they own it now and therefore Microsoft could technically bid up to £56 Billion for it; because they would be sure of getting the money straight back probably in seconds. But even if the money was not going to Microsoft they would still be happy to out bid anybody else and when they win they would sue all involved!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Lol! but there would be a flaw there; in that the money from the bidding would have to go to Microsoft, because they own it now and therefore Microsoft could technically bid up to £56 Billion for it; because they would be sure of getting the money straight back probably in seconds. But even if the money was not going to Microsoft they would still be happy to out bid anybody else and when they win they would sue all involved!
Yep. Would be very funny to watch!

Think, if anybody bidded for the Windows Name; then Microsoft would sue them for some kind of Treason! Probably for Billions - if the Windows Trademark was offline for even one day Microsoft would loose that if not more, and they would get it back however they did it!

Back
Top Bottom