Censorship

David Lindon said:
Do you want the censorship filtering?

No!

Non censorship is a sign of freedom :D

And nearly all the regulars here don't seem to mind it.

I personally do not have a problem with any swear words that are used hear or in a real life environment, in fact I use most of them myself. However, I feel that this kind of language can give the wrong impression of Computer Forums to new visitors and could potentially frighten them away.

Think.........

If I went in to Dixons and the sales person said "Its a load of shit that" or "Its F**king fantastic" wouldn't you be a little shocked until you got to know them.

Its a very different story between friends, but new people don't know what to expect and this just gives the wrong impression.

Finally, think of the actual usage of any of these words! They are often used to fill in spaces in sentences.......think....."thats f**king fantastic" OR "thats fantastic". Not much added there? These words can be easily substituted with more intellectually challenging words.

Anyway whatever the consensus I'll be happy!!

Yes I see your point andrew. He He, well done Nash, everyone says it. We will see what the results are at the end of this 30 day poll.

I am going to have to go with no on this one. I know I am new here but I have been going to various boards for quite a bit now and in computers for even longer. As for "swearing", as long as it is in the course of conversation. Now I see andrew's point of view but if it gets out of hand(aka every other word, or just too much) you guys (aka the mods) can just kill the thread or remove the reply. Also if it is the same guy repetitively, just ban him from posting. I really see no reason for adding automatic censorship. I mean thats why we have mods, right?

Back
Top Bottom