Setting up a web-server

Reiken1

Baseband Member
Hey everyone,
I just found this forum, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any web-sites I could goto to see tutorials on setting up a web-server with linux and Apache. Thx

>> Reiken Chan

Arrggh,,
ok, Finally got back online (after being disconnected for some serveral months)

I checked out that site, it's got some good content, although I don't think that it's going to be able to tell me how to do port redirection on my dodgey alcatel 2000 router/switch.

I'm going to keep reading through it, and I'll get back to you when I either A: get a webserver running or B: burn out my overloved 486 test computer.

RC

Apache : immediate console shutdown

Ok,
I was having some troubles with console .exes, the problem is; that everytime I open an EXE (a console EXE), after it's finished processing the program it shuts down immediately. This is agonisingly frustrating as I often wish to view the output contents of the console before it closes.

This is most likely a windows (XP) option I have not discovered, but if someone could tell me how to stop the console from closing before I command it to, I would be most appreciative.

RC

Or;
Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I could get my server to run .bat file.

Ok,
I setup a test version to run some code through to develop this site I'm doing.

I'm running apache 2.0.49 (win32) with PHP 4.3.5 (which they both seem to be goign pretty well), but I ám having no luck getting mySQL working.

I'm not sure how to connect it, or even what I should be connecting for that matter. I'm running Win XP, so if anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom