my doom

phrankco

In Runtime
A new computer worm is reeking havoc.
It's being called "My Doom" or "Novarg" by anti-virus companies.
It shows up as an e-mail error message, with a small file attached.
When the file is launched on computers running Microsoft Windows, it can send out one-hundred infected e-mails within thirty-seconds.
The worm was first noticed yesterday and quickly clogged networks with thousands of e-mails.
Infected file attachments include the extensions ".exe," ".scr," ".cmd," ".pif," and ".zip."
If you receive an e-mail from an unfamiliar sender containing one of these extensions, or containing the text... "This message contains unicode characters and has been sent as a binary attachment," delete it immediately.
Anit-virus software can help prevent infection, and Microsoft offers a patch for its outlook e-mail software to warn users before they open some attachments.

Free online virus scan;
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

phrankco said:
A new computer worm is reeking havoc.
It's being called "My Doom" or "Novarg" by anti-virus companies.
It shows up as an e-mail error message, with a small file attached.
When the file is launched on computers running Microsoft Windows, it can send out one-hundred infected e-mails within thirty-seconds.
The worm was first noticed yesterday and quickly clogged networks with thousands of e-mails.
Infected file attachments include the extensions ".exe," ".scr," ".cmd," ".pif," and ".zip."
If you receive an e-mail from an unfamiliar sender containing one of these extensions, or containing the text... "This message contains unicode characters and has been sent as a binary attachment," delete it immediately.
Anit-virus software can help prevent infection, and Microsoft offers a patch for its outlook e-mail software to warn users before they open some attachments.

Free online virus scan;
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Yay! Another one. :D

Now we just sit and wait for thousands of Tech forums to be clogged up with people shouting "I HAve teh MY DoOM VyRus!!1111 HElP!!1111"

Don't you just love Worms?

Thanks for the link Phranko. :)

- Rocker -

Absolutely.

Lots of people infected from what I hear, I have had 4 of these emails that I deleted.

No. I haven't had anything either. But all my mail comes via a SPAMCOP account which filters virus and SPAM and then forwards it to a POP account for me.

Then I keep my firewall and virus checker on auto update. So typically, I'm OK. I've only actually received 1 virus since using this setup.

yeah I use web mail accts. for websites- they are getting slammed with this-my catch all box for one site has gotten 30 infected emails today

Back
Top Bottom